Visit the "Is Online Learning for You?" web site.
Take the Learning Styles Inventory to determine if your learning style is compatible with Online Learning.
Computer Skills - What do you need to know?
- Turn on a computer
- Restart a computer
- Use a mouse
- Double click
- Right click
- Download, locate, open and close files on your computer or attached storage devices
- Use a word processing application (Microsoft Word, Pages, Google Docs)
- Recommended skills include cutting, copying, and pasting from one document to another, working with two applications open at the same time, saving files to .rtf (rich text format) or .pdf (portable document format), adjusting margins, and working with headers and footers.
- Use an e-mail account
- Attach and save files in e-mail
- Download and install software on your computer
- Use a web browser
- Have more than one browser window or tab open at a time
Depending on what program you are enrolled in, you may also be required to use the following software that is supplied by UCCS:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint