Minimum Hardware Requirements
- An Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- A broadband internet connection (Cable/DSL/Satellite)
- A personal Windows PC or Intel-based Mac computer.
- Windows 7 | Windows 8 | Windows 10
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- Sound card and speakers or headphones
- A webcam and headphones are recommended
- Version 10.10 - Yosemite or higher
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- A webcam and speakers are incorporated into all Macs
NOTE: To fully participate in 100% online courses, you must use a PC or a Mac. A Chromebook or mobile device is insufficient for the demands of UCCS online courses.
- Microsoft Office365 – free of charge to all active UCCS students, faculty, and staff.
- Adobe Reader 11 or higher - free download
Firefox, Chrome, and Safari are the recommended browsers for accessing the Blackboard Learning Management System
- Headset microphone if no webcam
If you are considering purchasing a computer, please contact the UCCS Computing Help Desk for hardware and software discount information.
You are required to use your UCCS student e-mail account for your online course. UCCS e-mail is accessible 24/7 from any computer with a web browser.
Access and use the UCCS Office365 system for UCCS student e-mail.