We typically see clients on an appointment-basis but welcome walk-in students, as well. We will do our best to accommodate your needs. The Center is staffed by our team of trained peer tutors who are committed to assisting and enriching your academic experiences here at UCCS. Please go online to https://uccs.mywconline.net/ to schedule an appointment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While online, you can also see if we have any same-day appointments available, or put your name on the waitlist by clicking on clock icon next to the day and date in which you are interested.
We offer many workshops in our Center and in your classroom! Some of the workshops we provide:
- Orientation to the Center - overview of the Center services and process for appointments
- Conflict Management - overview of perceptions, styles, and strategies
- Eight Competencies - 8 areas essential for effective public speaking
- SCRAP Method - electronic visual aid tools and tips
- Persuasive Presentations and Motivational Speeches - techniques specific to persuasive speaking
- Effective Interviewing - strategies and hands-on, interactive practice
The Communication Center and our Director, Dr. Erica Allgood, work very closely with faculty and staff across the UCCS community to build and enhance student learning and communication skills, we MAKE GOOD STUDENTS GREAT! We work to customize workshops and tutoring sessions that specifically address the skills needed to complete specific assignments, complimenting your course curriculum and outcomes.
Please contact our Director, Dr. Erica Allgood, at:
Erica Allgood, Ph.D. Columbine Hall, Room 312
We see clients on an appointment basis, but walk-in's are welcome up to 30 minutes before closing, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. The center is staffed by our team of peer tutors who are committed to assisting and enriching your academic experiences. To schedule an appointment please go online to https://uccs.mywconline.net/. While online, you can also see if we have any same-day appointments available, or put your name on the wait list by clicking on clock icon next to the day and date in which you are interested.
- Outlining assistance
- PowerPoint and Prezi assistance
- Individual presentation practice
- Group presentation practice
- Post-Presentation viewing
- Group project facilitation
- In-center mock interviews
- Virtual mock interviews (in specific online situations)