Teaching and Learning
We endeavor to be the foremost regional College of Education, fostering a just and inclusive global society.
We prepare teachers, leaders, and counselors who embrace equity, inquiry, and innovation.
- Embrace equity, diversity, and social justice
- Ensure high quality preparation of education and counseling professionals
- Engage in research-based inquiry and practice
- Provide continual professional growth opportunities
- Infuse and enhance the use of technology
- Collaborate with campus and community partners to effect change
- Work across college and university to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
The mission and goals of the College of Education and the Department of Teaching and Learning guide graduate students to not only develop and enhance the knowledge and skills expected in graduate study, but also to provide a meaningful structure for supporting the essential elements of each program. The model assumes that professional educators will serve as instructional leaders within their school lettings and that learning to teach is a developmental process. Teachers enhance their instructional leadership skills by increasing the professional knowledge base and reflecting on practice.
Teaching and Learning Infograph
Download the pdf of the program outcomes here: edTPAall.pdf