Adaptive Leadership Certificate
ADAPTIVE LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE
Complete the program in 9 months
Open to all students
This program is designed to be a flexible education pathway for military service-members and civilians in the Pikes Peak region.
For service-members, this program complements Professional Military Education (PME) by delving into critical thinking and leader fundamentals. Completing the course sequence will provide relevant professional knowledge necessary for advancement and will contribute to greater opportunities for promotion. Additional outcomes include building credits towards a BA degree at UCCS and employment potential in the civilian sector.
The certificate is comprised of four courses (12 credits total), delivered in a hybrid format, with cohorts of student learning together in sequence. Students will learn inside and outside the classroom with hands-on experiential learning. Classes begin in October, 2019.
Click on the link below to download the application packet with instructions for applying
Email all application materials to email@example.com before Sept. 16th, 2019
Reasons to complete the Certificate
Advance your career and become successful in higher education and the civilian sector – UCCS will prepare you for both.
Take advantage of our Military Credit Transfer policy
Earn your Certificate while on Active Duty – your BA and MA once you separate (Pathway)
Online flexibility with physical campus support and genuine connection to your instructors
Promotion points earned with credential completion (for military members - approximately $5000 per year raise when promoted)
Education and skills that will enhance promote-ability
Learn from experts from all sectors with the very best preparation for eventual separation.
What you will gain
For all students (including civilians)
- Learn from experts from all sectors with the very best preparation for leadership positions
- Face to face, real-time support for enrollment and program completion
- Development of college-level study skills for success in all college course
- Be able to solve complex human development challenges and create action plans through exposure to case studies, hands-on learning, and connection to local civilian leaders
- Build skills for providing performance and developmental feedback to subordinates
- Transfer credits earned, along with additional credits, towards degree programs at UCCS including; BA in Human Services, BA in Interdisciplinary Studies, BA in Management
- Demonstrate understanding of group dynamics, stages of group development, roles and responsibilities associated with leading groups/teams
- Earn promotion points required for advancement in the military
- Earn skills for immediate employment in social services, management positions, or working in faith based organizations
Program Expectations and Delivery
- Hybrid delivery, with cohorts meeting at the on-post Education Center, UCCS main campus, UCCS Downtown and online
- Four 3-credit hour courses taught in sequence with one course at a time
- Each course is 8 weeks in duration, with the certificate completed in 9 months
For more information please contact the UCCS Fort Carson Education Office at 719-526-8066 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email to Dr. Phillip Morris at email@example.com For location information for the UCCS Fort Carson office, visit https://www.uccs.edu/military/fortcarson/about
|Course Number & Title||Semester Credits||Pre-requisites|
|LEAD 1200 Foundations of Adaptive Leadership||3||none|
|LEAD 1600 Leading Teams and Organizations||3||LEAD 1200|
|LEAD 1800 Ethical and Multicultural Leadership||3||LEAD 1600|
|COUN 2100 Wellness, Resilience, and Emotional Intelligence||3||LEAD 1800|
Submit the below form along with your personal statement and letter of recommendation. Please know that we will keep this information secured and will not use any information for purposes other than enrollment in this program.