Campus Connections is committed to providing a positive, engaging, safe and comfortable place to develop meaningful relationships and to have a good time. In order to help make Campus Connections a success for everyone, we expect our mentees to attend every session for 12 weeks.
- Youth are bused from their school to Columbine Hall at UCCS between 3:45 and 4:00pm on Thursday nights and will leave campus around 8:00pm to be returned to their school and picked up by their parents.
- Bring warm clothes and comfortable shoes for walking (we’ll be going outside).
Specific Youth Expectations
In order to create and maintain a safe and positive environment the following are some behavioral expectations of our mentees:
- Stay within arm’s length of your mentor at all times
- Behave respectfully (no fighting, no yelling, no cussing, no outbursts)
- Keep yourself and others safe
- No smoking, drinking, or drugs (including paraphernalia) prior to or during Campus Connections
- Dress appropriately (follow your school’s dress code)
- Express feelings appropriately and engage in appropriate conversation (no bullying, no name-calling or slurs, no negativity)
- Follow mentor and all other Campus Connections staff instructions the first time
- Keep hands to yourself
- Only enrolled youth are allowed at Campus Connections
- No use of cell phones, iPods, or other electronic devices during Campus Connections, except in the case of an emergency
- Bring schoolwork or GED prep assignments each night
- No contact with mentors outside of Campus Connections until the end of the 12-week program