The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry offers honors designations for its chemistry and biochemistry graduates:
Honors in Research
To be eligible, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Complete upper division research in chemistry or biochemistry
- Present the research in a departmental seminar
- Submit a research report
- Present the research at a local, regional, or national conference
The following designations will be awarded, depending on major GPA:
- With Distinction in Research – GPA of 3.40-3.59
- With High Distinction in Research – GPA of 3.60-3.79
- With Highest Distinction in Research and Excellence in Academics – GPA of 3.80-4.00
Honors in Academics
Students with a major GPA of 3.80-4.00 who do not pursue research-based honors will be awarded With Excellence in Academics.
For further information and details about how to achieve honors, please download this document.