The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry offers programs that meet the needs of students wishing to obtain an undergraduate degree in chemistry or biochemistry (click on the Undergraduate Students tab for degree requirements):
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry - ACS Accredited
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry - General Option
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry - Secondary Education Option
- Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry - General Option
- Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry - Pre-Med Option
- Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry - Secondary Education Option
- Bachelor of Innovation in Chemistry
- Chemistry Minor
- Biochemistry Minor
- Master of Sciences in Chemistry or Biochemistry*
- Accelerated BA/BS-MSc Program*
*The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has a limited number of $15,000 annual Graduate Teaching Assistantships available.
Click on the Graduate Students tab for more information.
- Applied Research and Product Development
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Information Management Specialist
- Chemical Technology
- Chemistry Professor
- Chemistry and the Law
- Chemistry in the Arts
- Environmental Protection
- Food Chemistry
- Forensic Chemistry
- Formulation Chemistry
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Health and Safety
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- Materials Science
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Military Science and Technology
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Oil and Petroleum
- Personal Care Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Process Chemistry
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Regulatory Affairs
- Science Policy
- Social Impact/Activism
- Technical Communication
- Technical Sales and Marketing
- Technical Support
- Textile Chemistry
- Water Chemistry
(Go to www.acs.org and click on Careers > College to Career > Chemistry Careers)
- 2016 Annual median salary of Chemists is $74,830; employment is expected to grow 18% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Materials Scientists is $119,500; employment is not expected to grow 25% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Environmental Scientists is $81,680; employment is expected to grow 28% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Forensic Science Technicians is $59,250; employment is expected to grow 17% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary of Biochemists is $72,220; employment is expected to grow 33% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Secondary Teachers is $50,790; employment is not expected to grow 17% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Physicians is $208,000; employment is expected to grow 25% by 2024.
For More Information