Managing & Writing Federal Proposals - Colorado Springs 2019
Through: Thu, 05/30/2019 - 05:00 PM
UCCS Downtown campus, 102 S. Tejon St.
Class Size Limit :: 22
Registration Fee :: $1,895
Volume discounts available. Please contact Shawna Lippert at (719) 255-5215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
This four-day program is for anyone who is involved with or participates in federal government proposal efforts. Target participants include: proposal teams, proposal contributors, proposal writers, proposal managers, business developers, proposal coordinators, finance and contracts personnel, directors and supervisors.
APPLICATION OF LEARNING
This interactive workshop builds practical skills through lecture, discussion, simulations, and exercises, and requires participants to immediately apply what they have learned to their workplaces.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from Shipley Associates.
PROGRAM FEES INCLUDE
- Shipley Associates workshop manuals and handouts
- Shipley Proposal Guide
- Continental breakfast each day
- Lunch each day
- Certificate of completion from Shipley Associates
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Days 1 and 2 :: Managing Federal Proposals
April 30th (Tuesday) and May 1st (Wednesday) :: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This two-day workshop teaches skills for proposal or volume management in the U. S. federal market space. It begins by simulating a government source selection evaluation to build detailed understanding of how federal processes impact proposal planning and management. It continues by practicing all steps necessary to plan a successful proposal effort. It wraps up with comprehensive guidance on effective leadership techniques for the fast-paced proposal environment.
You will learn to:
- Assess your own proposals like government evaluators do
- Create effective proposal strategies
- Develop compliance checklists
- Outline proposals to match government instructions
- Assign requirements to appropriate authors for coverage in the proposal
- Prepare for and conduct an effective kickoff meeting
- Lead high-performing proposal teams on fast-paced schedules
- Prepare for effective reviews
- Exploit knowledge of the selection process to guide interactions with your customer after proposal submittal
Valuable electronic proposal management tools used in the course will be distributed electronically.
Days 3 and 4 :: Writing Federal Proposals
May 2nd (Thursday) and 3rd (Friday) :: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This two-day workshop equips you to be a productive contributor on proposal teams in the federal market space. Taught from the perspective of a section author, the workshop replicates the experience of planning and writing a proposal section, from receiving instructions at a kickoff meeting to incorporating feedback from reviewers.
You will learn to:
- Think like government evaluators of your proposal
- Plan content and layout of federal proposal sections
- Incorporate effective graphics and captions
- Organize, write, and revise proposal text
- Collaborate with other team members
In the workshop, you will be assigned to plan and write a proposal section for an actual federal proposal in collaboration with other team members, gaining insights into processes, tools, and sources of necessary information.
PROGRAM FACILITATOR :: SHIPLEY ASSOCIATES
OPED in the UCCS College of Business is pleased to partner with Shipley Associates to provide specialized industry training to defense and government contracting and acquisition professionals in Colorado Springs. Program participants value the Shipley blended services model that provides industry-best consultants, trainers, and business development tools. Since 1972, Shipley has supported large and small companies in securing billions of dollars of government and commercial contracts.