COVID-19 & Admissions Accommodations
COVID-19 & Admissions Accommodations
Given these extraordinary circumstances, many of you may be impacted by the COVID-19 virus outbreak. The Graduate School of Business Administration (GSBA) is making temporary accommodations in the admissions process in hopes to alleviate some of the constraints that many of you may be facing.
We continue to accept applications to the MBA, MSA and Business Graduate Certificate programs. Accommodation at this time will apply to students who submit applications for the summer or fall 2020 terms.
Below, you will find updates and helpful information on how we are working with applicants during this difficult time.
Extended Application Deadlines
Semester Start Date
May 25, 2020
June 15, 2020
August 1, 2020
August 24, 2020
Financial Need Based Application Fee Payment Options
To qualify for financial need application fee waiver: graduate applicants not currently enrolled at UCCS must:
- Have applied for financial aid, AND
- Have a Student Aid Report (SAR) that indicates self-supporting status and a contribution of not more than $3,000 (submit a copy of the 1st page of your SAR) OR
- If you received a fee reduction voucher from ETS to take the GRE test, you qualify for an application fee waiver. Please send email@example.com a copy of the fee reduction voucher you received from ETS for the GRE test.
If you believe you might be eligible for a financial need-based application fee waiver based on the criteria above, please contact the Financial Aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org. If approved for a fee waiver, you will be provided a code to submit your application without payment.
If you do not meet any of the criteria listed above but would still like to pursue other application fee waiver options, please email the Office of Admissions at email@example.com to explain your circumstances. A graduate admissions staff member will contact you to discuss any other options and provide you with your next steps.
Students may submit unofficial transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges/universities attended for the completion and review of the application.
Unofficial transcripts must show:
- The degree earned
- Date the degree was conferred
- Grades and grading scale used to calculate cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Transcript Key
Although official transcripts are required to enroll in courses in the MBA or MSA programs, please email GSBA@uccs.edu if you are having problems obtaining them due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
If you have earned a degree outside of the United States and cannot obtain a transcript evaluation, please email GSBA@uccs.edu for further instructions.
GMAT Waiver Fees
Students facing financial hardship may request to defer the $125 GMAT waiver fee until Spring 2021. Please email GSBA@uccs.edu with your request.
Standardized Testing: GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS
In response to test site closures, we will work individually with students who may have changes to their testing status.
Students who are required to take the GMAT (or GRE), who have otherwise submitted all required documents, and the nearest testing site is closed:
- Will be admitted provisionally to the MBA or MSA program.
- May enroll in up to 9 credits (3 credits in the summer; 6 credits in the fall semester).
All students provisionally admitted are still required to take the GMAT (or GRE) and submit official test scores by the end of the fall semester. Applications will then be re-reviewed by the College of Business Admissions Committee. Students may be required to wait out a semester due to re-testing or may be fully admitted and allowed to continue in the Spring 2021 semester. The average GMAT score of admitted students is 550; A score of 152 or higher on each section of the GRE will make an applicant a strong candidate for the program.
We encourage students to take the GMAT/GRE if they are able to do so. “At home” testing information:
- GRE: New as of 3/21/2020: At home testing is now available for the GRE General Test.
- GMAT: As of 4/14/2020: Registration for the new at-home version of the GMAT begins today through June 15, 2020 at a discounted price of $200. Regular GMAT test fee is $275 for U.S. test taker. The test is not be available in mainland China, Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Slovenia, and North Korea due to regulatory restrictions. Students may only take the GMAT online exam once. No repeat testing will be allowed.
English Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
KITE (Internal UCCS Exam)
Students who are required to take an English Proficiency test may take the UCCS internal KITE Exam. This test can be taken remotely from anywhere in the world as long as you have a PC/Laptop and internet connection. This test is for UCCS only and scores will not be shared externally to other Colleges/Universities. A $75 fee is required. A minimum score of 460 or greater is required for admission to the MBA or MSA programs.
Duolingo English Test
The GSBA office will temporarily accept Duolingo English Test examination results taken between February 1, 2020 through August 30, 2020 in lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS as proof of English proficiency. A minimum score of 105 or greater is required for admission to the MBA or MSA programs.
For the well-being of our campus community, staff is working remotely for the next several weeks. As our goal is to ensure that there are no gaps in services, we are monitoring calls and emails daily. Calls will be returned within 48 hours. To contact the Graduate School of Business Administration:
Phone: (719) 255-3408 | Email: GSBA@uccs.edu