How to become part of the UCCS Graduate Business student community:
We require transcripts from each and every collegiate institution attended during and after graduation from high school. Applicants with any foreign college course-work are required to submit a course-by-course foreign transcript evaluation by a NACES member. (Please note: Official evaluations received directly from World Education Services, Inc. (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) credential agencies may enable more efficient review and processing of transfer credits by the Graduate School of Business Administration)
All international applicants are required to meet a minimum standard of English proficiency. Applicants will be considered to have the required English language proficiency if they meeting one of the following criteria:
1. Test of English Foreign Language (TOEFL) score that meets the minimum requirements:
Composite Score: 85 Internet Based Test · 550 Paper Based Test (scores 75-84 will be reviewed, but they are not guaranteed admission). Including the following minimum sub scores:
- Reading: Minimum score of 15 (IBT)
- Listening: Minimum score of 15 (IBT)
- Speaking: Minimum score of 18 (IBT)
- Writing: Minimum score of 17 (IBT)
2. The applicant submits an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score that meets the minimum requirements:
Band Score: 6.5. Including the following minimum sub scores:
- Reading: Minimum score of 5.5
- Listening: Minimum score of 5.5
- Speaking: Minimum score of 5.5
- Writing: Minimum score of 5.5
3. The applicant has graduated from one of the University of Colorado ESL approved training programs and submits a copy of completion certificate with formal passing grades.
4. The applicant has graduated from a US/UK accredited school abroad with English as the medium of instruction.
5. The applicant is a citizen of a country whose official language is English. These countries include Australia, Belize, Botswana, Canada (except Quebec), Commonwealth Caribbean, Ghana, United Kingdom, Ireland, Kenya, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
6. The applicant took the English Proficiency test for Chinese students (CET and/or TEM) and obtained the minimum scores:
- CET 4: Minimum score of 550
- CET 6: Minimum score of 520
- TEM 4: Minimum score of 70
- TEM 8: Minimum score of 60
UCCS can administer the English Proficiency exam (the KITE exam) on an individual basis. For admission a minimum score of 460 or better within the past two years is required. Students (both UCCS students and non-UCCS students) are allowed to take the test no more than once per academic semester (fall, spring, summer). To make an appointment for testing, email firstname.lastname@example.org and pay the $75 fee.
Please submit an official score report for either the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
While GMAT/GRE Waivers are available, applicants must fulfill all other application requirements, including the English Proficiency requirement prior to receiving a GMAT/GRE waiver.
Applicants demonstrate their professional work experience by submitting a current resume. While there is no minimum amount of work experience required, most admitted students have several years of work experience at the time of admission.
Evidence of Financial Support
U.S. immigration regulations will require you to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover 12 months' worth of expenses.
If you are offered admission, we will work with the Admissions Office to process your application.They will review your evidence of financial support and issue your visa documentation.
International Affairs Office
International Affairs supports and advocates for international students and hosts the mandatory orientation session.