Bailey wins Accolades honor
Bailey wins Accolades honor
Helen Robinson, CSBJ
Economist Tatiana Bailey, director of the UCCS Economic Forum, was named business leader of the year by the Southern Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce yesterday.
Bailey works to inform communities from a social and economic perspective and distributes a monthly economic dashboard with regional and national indicators.
In 2017, she and her team launched the Workforce Asset Map, a tool that offers resources for students, job seekers and employers in the Pikes Peak Region. Bailey speaks internationally and serves on many boards and councils, and was recognized by the Colorado Springs Business Journal as a Woman of Influence in 2016.
Bailey was presented with the honor at SCWCC’s annual Accolades Awards celebration, held at The Antlers hotel.
Accepting the award, Bailey thanked the community for being “so embracing” of her and her work, and for constantly elevating Colorado Springs.
“I have to say I’m not a huge Willie Nelson fan,” she said, “but I often think back to something he said … and that was, ‘The day I started counting my blessings was the day that everything changed.’ … One of the major secrets to life is gratitude, and I really believe that — because if you’re grateful for everything, you’re happy, you’re positive, you want to share. You guys even share my economics, which is amazing.”
Other nominees for business leader of the year were...
- Berger, Parsons to be honored at 11th annual Lifetime Entrepreneurship Award Luncheon
- More than 2,000 students earn President’s and Dean’s List honors
- BBB, UCCS present seminars on changing workforce
- Colorado College professor: Trade war with China will cost everyone a bit
- UCCS recognized as a best place to work in El Paso County
- Hawkins (MBA ’86) to deliver fall commencement address
- Better Business Bureau of Southern Colorado and UCCS partner for Multi-Generational Professional Seminar Series
- UCCS attends 2018 Daniels Fund Ethics Consortium Summit
- “Sweetheart Index” shows impact of contributions to federal government contracts
- Mayor recognizes outstanding young leaders
- Alldredge models hard work to others
- Warrick earns prestigious organizational development award
- Executive Education breakfast series launch a success
- UCCS to host 2019 Play the Game international conference
- Colorado Springs economy expected to continue outpacing nation
- New faculty join campus
- Forum on Colorado Springs economy moves to UCCS
- FIFA whistleblower coming to UCCS to discuss corruption in soccer
- New UCCS downtown campus means business
- Students develop lasting connections at annual Career Networking Night
- UCCS Downtown opens to fanfare and celebration
- UCCS enrollment surpasses 12,500 in 12th straight year of growth
- UCCS Economic Forum to predict what’s ahead for region Oct. 4
- UCCS remains a top-10 public institution in the West
- Nine faculty selected as ethics fellows
- Global Portal returns to UCCS, connecting strangers from around the world
- Bailey wins Accolades honor
- Bailey named SCWCC Business Leader of the Year
- Mini-MBA program surpasses expectations, readies for Year 2
- Colorado Springs No. 1 most desirable place to live, survey shows
- Commencement profile: Failure inspires success for business student
- Commencement profile: International student flourishes at UCCS