How to become part of the UCCS Graduate Business student community:
We require transcripts from each and every collegiate institution attended during and after graduation from high school. Applicants with any foreign college course-work are required to submit a course-by-course foreign transcript evaluation by a NACES member. (Please note: Official evaluations received directly from World Education Services, Inc. (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) credential agencies may enable more efficient review and processing of transfer credits by the Graduate School of Business Administration)
All applicants whose native language is not English must meet a minimum standard of English proficiency. It is expected that students understand to read, write, and communicate effectively in English to be successful in the Graduate School of Business Administration.
Applicants will be considered to have the required English language proficiency if they meeting one of the following criteria:
1. Hold a post-secondary degree from a U.S. accredited institution or in a program where English is the language of instruction.
2. Test of English Foreign Language (TOEFL) score that meets the minimum requirements. The test must have been taken in the last two years. Composite Score: 85 Internet-Based Test · 550 Paper Based Test (scores 75-84 will be reviewed, but they are not guaranteed admission). Including the following minimum sub-scores:
- Reading: Minimum score of 15 (IBT)
- Listening: Minimum score of 15 (IBT)
- Speaking: Minimum score of 18 (IBT)
- Writing: Minimum score of 17 (IBT)
3. The applicant submits an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score that meets the minimum requirements. The test must have been taken in the last two years. Band Score: 6.5. Including the following minimum sub-scores:
- Reading: Minimum score of 5.5
- Listening: Minimum score of 5.5
- Speaking: Minimum score of 5.5
- Writing: Minimum score of 5.5
4. The applicant took the English Proficiency test for Chinese students (CET and/or TEM) and obtained the minimum scores:
- CET 4: Minimum score of 550
- CET 6: Minimum score of 520
- TEM 4: Minimum score of 70
- TEM 8: Minimum score of 60
5. The applicant may make arrangements to take the UCCS KITE Exam: UCCS administer an English Proficiency exam (KITE) on an individual basis. A minimum score of 460 or better is required. The test must have been taken in the last two years of admission to the MBA/MSA programs. All applicants may make arrangement to take the KITE exam at UCCS but may only take the test no more than once per academic semester (fall, spring, summer). To make an appointment for testing, email firstname.lastname@example.org and pay the $75 fee.
6. The applicant graduated from an English Language Training (ESL) Program approved by UCCS and submits a copy of completion certificate with formal passing grades.
7. The applicant is a citizen of a country whose official language is English. These countries include Australia, Belize, Botswana, Canada (except Quebec), Commonwealth Caribbean, Ghana, United Kingdom, Ireland, Kenya, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
8. Request for Waiver of Written Examination for English Proficiency:
Applicants may petition the Graduate School of Business Administration for a waiver of the written English Proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) if the following criteria have been met:
- An applicant has three or more years of residency in the US (or a country where English is the primary language); and
- An applicant has meaningful, professional work experience in an organization where all activities are conducted in English
A letter from the student’s current employer providing evidence to a student’s competency in speaking, reading and writing in English must accompany a written petition from the student.
The College of Business Admission’s Committee may require additional supporting evidence such as, but not limited to:
- an expired copy of TOEFL/IELTS showing minimum score requirements as stated on this website;
- GMAT or GRE writing assessment and/or verbal section scores;
- a personal interview with a Graduate Advisor and on-site writing sample;
- interview with the Excel Language Center at UCCS.
Waiver of the English Proficiency Examination is reviewed on a case-by-case basis and not guaranteed. In cases that the request for waiver is denied, the applicant will then be required to take the UCCS KITE exam or meet the written English Proficiency through the TOEFL or IELTS.
UCCS can administer the English Proficiency exam (the KITE exam) on an individual basis. For admission a minimum score of 460 or better within the past two years is required. Students (both UCCS students and non-UCCS students) are allowed to take the test no more than once per academic semester (fall, spring, summer). To make an appointment for testing, email email@example.com and pay the $75 fee.
Please submit an official score report for either the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
While GMAT/GRE Waivers are available, applicants must fulfill all other application requirements, including the English Proficiency requirement prior to receiving a GMAT/GRE waiver.
Applicants demonstrate their professional work experience by submitting a current resume. While there is no minimum amount of work experience required, most admitted students have several years of work experience at the time of admission.
Evidence of Financial Support
U.S. immigration regulations will require you to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover 12 months' worth of expenses.
If you are offered admission, we will work with the Admissions Office to process your application.They will review your evidence of financial support and issue your visa documentation.
International Affairs Office
International Affairs supports and advocates for international students and hosts the mandatory orientation session.