Shawna Lippert, M.B.A.
Shawna Lippert serves as director of the Office of Professional & Executive Development (OPED) at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS), College of Business. Shawna works with university faculty and industry professionals to assess, design and deliver executive education programs targeting pertinent industry needs. She works with individual organizations on custom executive education specific to organizational goals and priorities.
Shawna’s professional history includes over 17 years of experience within for-profit and non-profit organizations, higher education, and small business sectors. Her experience includes roles at a startup business in New Mexico, Colorado Springs Small Business Development Center (SBDC), El Pomar Institute for Innovation & Commercialization (EPIIC), and OPED. She is also currently an adjunct instructor of business at UCCS.
Shawna obtained her Bachelor of Business Administration in Management from New Mexico Highlands University in 2006, and Master of Business Administration in Innovation Management at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs in 2015.
- MBA, Innovation Management, University of Colorado Colorado Springs, 2015
- BA, Business Administration in Management, New Mexico Highlands University, 2006
Adjunct Instructor of business in the UCCS College of Business.
- Introduction to Business
- Career Professionalism: Image & Impact
"Vertical Market Strategy: The Case of an Executive Education Startup in a Medium-Sized Business School," Shawna L. Rogers and Thomas N. Duening, Journal of executive education, July 2013, https://digitalcommons.kennesaw.edu/jee/vol12/iss1/2/
"Chapter 8: Developing the Positive Organization: Preparation for Learning and Collaborative Learning Design," Leading The Positive Organization: Actions, Tools, and Processes, Copyright 2016, http://www.businessexpertpress.com/books/leading-positive-organization-actions-tools-and-processes/
Honors & Awards
2015: Honorary Commander, Schriever Air Force Base (2 year term)
2015: Rising Star, Colorado Springs Business Journal
2014: Rising Professional of the Year, Colorado Springs Rising Professionals
2014: 5 Years of Service, UCCS
2013: Graduate Fellowship, UCCS Graduate School
UCCS Articles about Shawna Lippert, M.B.A.
- Mini-MBA program surpasses expectations, readies for Year 2 - August 15, 2018
- Inaugural Mini-MBA class creates nearly $2.9 million in business impact - March 28, 2018
- BBB, UCCS join forces on series to help businesses - January 30, 2018
- Multi-generational workforce series to aid businesses, job seekers - January 24, 2018
- Seminar series in Colorado Springs to examine multi-generational workforce - January 11, 2018
- Colorado Springs series to focus workplaces for adults, from millennials to baby boomers - January 13, 2017
- UCCS starting mini-MBA course to boost career prospects in Colorado Springs
- UCCS executive training program ready to broaden its reach - October 14, 2013
- UCCS offers close-to-home job training