Thomas Aicher, Ph.D.
Ph.D. Kinesiology, Texas A&M University, 2009
M.S. Kinesiology, Texas A&M University, 2007
B.S. Marketing Management, Virginia Polytechnic and State University, 1999
University of Colorado - Colorado Springs
- Assistant Professor, Sport Management, 2018 - Present
- College Sport Administration
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Sport Faculty and Event Management, Sport Sales, and Analytics
University of Cincinnati
- Associate Professor, Sport Administration, 2016 - 2018
- Assistant Professor, Sport Administration, 2011 - 2016
Northern Illinois University
- Assistant Professor, Sport Administration, 2009 - 2011
- Co-Editor, Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 2017 - Present
- Athletics Advisory Council, University of Cincinnati, 2017 - 2018
- Faculty Senator, University of Cincinnati, 2017 - 2018
- Member at Large, North American Society of Sport Management, 2015 - 2017
- Program Director, Sport Administration Program, University of Cincinnati, 2014 - 2017
- College Faculty Senate President, College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services, 2014 - 2017
Aicher, T.J. & Simmons, J. M., & Cintron, A. (2018). An analysis of running event consumer behaviors. Journal of Applied Sport Management, 10(2), 26-35.
Newland, B. L. & Aicher, T.J. (2018). Destination Racing: Exploring sport event participants’ race and destination choices. Journal of Sport & Tourism, 23(1), 1-19. DOI 10.1080/14775085.2018.1436464.
Aicher, T.J. & Newland, B. L. (2017). To explore or race? Examining endurance athletes’ destination event choices. Journal of Vacation Marketing, 1-17.
Aicher, T.J., Rice, J. A., & Hambrick, M. E. (2017). Understanding sport involvement motivations and sport event evaluation meanings as factors influencing marathon participation. Journal of Global Sport Management, 1-17.
Rice, J. A., Hambrick, M. E., & Aicher, T.J. (2017) “Share the good news and share the benefits”: Examining the use of negotiation-efficacy by African American endurance runners. Journal of Sport Behavior, 41(1), 1-24.
Davies, M. Hungenberg, E., & Aicher, T.J. (2019). The relationship between runner environmental paradigm and their motives to participate in an urban or rural marathon. International Journal of Event and Festival Management, 10(1), 48-66.
Finnegan, C. A., Aicher, T.J., & Block, R. M. (In Press). Predicting repeat registrations for endurance sport events. Sport Marketing Quarterly.