Robert Block, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Business Administration, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2003
- M.S. Operations Research, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1992
- B.S. Operations Research, United States Air Force Academy (with Military Distinction), 1991
QUAN 2020 Process and Statistics-Based Decisions (UCCS)
QUAN 2010 Business Statistics (UCCS)
MAE 1502 Principles of Engineering (UCCS)
MAE 3342 Engineering Economy (UCCS)
ECE 3610 Probability and Statistics for Engineers (UCCS)
GPS 1010 Gateway Program Seminar – Engineering Odyssey (UCCS)
OR411 Topics in Mathematical Programming (USAFA)
OR 321 Probabilistic Models (USAFA)
MATH 378 Advanced Statistics (USAFA)
MATH 377 Advanced Probability (USAFA)
MATH 359 Design and Analysis of Experiments (USAFA)
MATH 358 Statistics (USAFA)
MATH 356 Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists (USAFA)
MATH 300 Probability and Statistics (USAFA)
MATH 300 Introduction to Statistics (USAFA)
MATH 152 Calculus II (USAFA)
MATH 141 Calculus I (USAFA)
MATH 130 Pre-Calculus Mathematics (USAFA)
- Associate Dean, College of Business, Jan 2017 - Present
- Associate Professor, Attendant Rank, College of Business, Jan 2017 - Present
- Associate Dean, College of Engineering and Applied Science, April 2016 - Dec 2016
- Associate Professor, Attendant Rank, College of Engineering & Applied Science, 2015 - Dec 2016
- Assistant Dean, College of Engineering and Applied Science, 2013 - 2016
- Acting Director, Bachelor Science of Engineering Education Degree, 2015 - 2017
- Graduate Faculty Associate, UCCS Graduate School, 2013 - Present
- Dean of Academics, Senior Military Faculty, USAFA Prep School, 2011 - 2013
- Associate Professor, United States Air Force Academy, 2008 - 2011
- Assistant Professor, United States Air Force Academy, 2006 - 2008
- Instructor, United States Air Force Academy, 1998 - 2000
- Adjunct Instructor, Sinclair Community College, Dayton Ohio, 1992 - 1995
Finnegan, C. A., Aicher, T. J., & Block, R. (to appear 2020). Repeat Registrations of a Running Event: Applying Customer Base Analysis. Sport Marketing Quarterly.
Block, R. “Rely on employee expertise to fix business processes”, Colorado Springs Business Journal. Sep 15 – Sep 21 2017: Volume 28 Number 24, 30 – 31. Print.
Block, R., Gorder P. An Innovative Approach to Prepare Educators with a Background in Engineering as Well as in Education, Math, and the Traditional Sciences, ICERI2016 Proceedings, pp. 2585-2590. 2016
Gorder, P., Block, R. Externally Sponsored Capstone Projects as a Means of Better Preparing Engineering Students for the Profession, ICERI2016 Proceedings, pp. 2600-2607. 2016
Block, R. “A Discussion of the Effect of Open-Book and Closed-Book Exams on Student Achievement in an Introductory Statistics Course”, PRIMUS, 22:3, 228-238, 2012.
Block, R. “Face to Face Feedback to Spur Reflection and Develop Academic Success”, Mathematica Militaris, April 2010.
Block, R. and Mee, R. “Resolution IV Designs with 128 Runs,” Journal of Quality Technology, 37, 282-293, 2005.
Block, R. and Mee, R. “Second Order Saturated Resolution IV Designs,” Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, 2, pp. 96-112, 2003.