Ethics Cases & Debates
Finding an ethics case or debate relevant to the students can be challenging. We provide original ethics cases and debates from our faculty and student generated cases and debates for used in the classroom.
- Topic: Sales Ethics "For the Eight Consecutive Month, Our Top Seller is......."
- Topic: Mystery Shopping Ethics "You've Been Shopped"
- Topic: Green vs. Traditional Stocks "Is it Worth it To Invest in "Green" Companies?"
- Topic: Northern Indiana State College Football Case "Underage Drinking or Just a Stadium That is Too Small?"
- Topic: The role of weak internal controls, conflicts of interest, and a weak board of directors in escalating unethical decisions, resulting in the misappropriation of funds for a small homeowner's association "It's Community Gone Awry"
- Topic: Responsible Business Ethics: "Crafted Wood - Revival of a Dying Art"
- Topic: Clothing Production Ethics: "Patagonia Clothing"
- Topic: International Finance Ethics: "Goldman Sachs: The Greek Situation"
- Topic: Medical Ethics: "Legalizing the Sale of Human Organs"
- ISSUE: Should the government regulate and cap the amount of compensation that CEO's receive, or leave it for the market to determine? Executive Compensation: Set by the Market or the Government?
- ISSUE: Is Facebook violating user privacy with its new policy changes as a result of going public? Facebook: A Change for the Good or Hanging Users Out to Dry?
- ISSUE: Should the government be able to regulate the products that gun manufacturers and retailers? Government Vs. Guns?
- ISSUE: Should the NFL be responsible to pay for retired players' healthcare costs? NFL and Retirement Benefits?
- ISSUE: Have labor unions become counterproductive "political" instruments who have outlived their value to the long-term detriment of U.S. labor and the economy? Labor Unions?
- ISSUE: ERA Shields Real Estate has set a high standard for their community involvement. Are voluntary actions outside of profitability and mandated government and civil regulation a necessary part of a successful business? Corporate Social Responsibility: ERA Shields Real Estate Sets an Impeccable Standard
- ISSUE: Should BlackBerry have provided countries access to its encryption system? Blackberry's Encryption System