2015 Ethics Essay Contest Winners are announced
The sixth annual UCCS Ethics Initiative Ethics Essay Contest attracted essays from across the UCCS campus. The Ethics Essay contest gives students an opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of principle based ethics and how they would apply it towards a real time ethical situation. The overall level of excellence was the highest the contest has seen. From this incredible group of essays the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative at UCCS is happy announce the following winners:
- First place to Benjamin Griffith winning the $1,000 grand prize.
- Second place is awarded to Cole Ericson receiving a $750 prize.
Essays were judged by a team of community business members and Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative Fellows. Highlights from the comments from our judges included:
- "The author identifies right from wrong, as well as communicates the importance of what an ethical business model can provide for employee morale and store performance."
- "Described the balance needed for the individual associate to be successful within the given environment."
- "This essay is well written, organized and easy to follow the logic and recommendations for implementation."
- "The creative nature of this essay of providing a solution from an outside entity demonstrated a different solution approach for Abigail."