Tatiana Bailey has her Master's in economics and her doctorate in public health, both from the University of Michigan. In the health care arena, Dr. Bailey has focused on programs that aim to increase access and quality while reducing costs particularly for at-risk populations. She also presents to audiences who wish to be better informed about the general framework of the health care system in the United States. In the economic development field, she has focused upon economic growth initiatives primarily through the venues of workforce readiness and entrepreneurship. Currently, she is the Director of the UCCS Economic Forum within the College of Business and serves as an economic development resource to local businesses and government. She aims to inform audiences about our national and local economy and participates in initiatives that leverage the region's many assets.
- Ph.D., Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1998
- Master of Science, Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1994
- Master of Applied Economics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1991
- Bachelor of Arts and Science (Economics and Political Science), Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, 1988
- York University, York, England (Junior year abroad), 1987
Economic Development and Health Care Consultancies:
- Principal Investigator, Michigan Association of Health Plans (Lansing, MI), 2013 - 2014
- Senior Economist, Growth Capital Network (Ann Arbor, MI) , 2011 - present
- Adjunct Faculty in Health Economics/Policy and Economics, Walsh College (Troy, MI), 2009 - 2015
- Consultant, Corporation for a Skilled Workforce (Ann Arbor, MI) , 2004 - 2008
- Consultant, NIDCR/NIH (Ann Arbor, MI), 2003 - 2004
- Director of Evaluation, University of Michigan, School of Public Health (Ann Arbor, MI), 2000 - 2003
- Research Associate, University of Michigan Medical Center (Ann Arbor, MI), 1998 - 2000
- Division Administrator of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Michican Medical Center (Ann Arbor, MI), 1994 - 1998
- Teaching Assistant, University of Michican, School of Public Health (Ann Arbor, MI), 1993 - 1994
- Research Associate, University of Michigan Hospitals (Ann Arbor, MI), 1991 - 1993
- Research Assistant, University of Michigan, Faculty Senate Office (Ann Arbor, MI), 1988 - 1990
For a full list of publications, go to: http://www.uccseconomicforum.com/publications_media.shtml
- "The Impact of a Worksite Wellness Intervention on Employee Nutrition Levels." Journal of Workplace, Health and Safety. December, 2016.
- "A Systematic Review of Mammography Educational Interventions for Low-Income Women" American Journal of Health Promotion. Volume 20, Number 2. Nov/Dec, 2005.
- Determinants of Fertility in Bolivia: Doctoral Dissertation, 1997
- "Why the United States Needs Health Care Reform: A Global Perspective" Clinical Laboratory Management Association Newsletter, Volume 16, Number 11. May 30, 1994.
- "Managed Care at Work: The Rochester Experience" Clinical Laboratory Management Association Newsletter, Volume 16, Number 8. April 18, 1994.
- Member of the Economic Development Council of Colorado (State position)
- Board Member, Colorado Technology, Research and Commercialization (CTRAC)
- Board Member, Colorado Advanced Manufacturing Alliance (CAMA)
- Member of Economic Development Committee - Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce
- (Past) Board Member for National Heritage Academies - a charter school company with 52 schools
- (Past) Board Member for Integrated Health Associates Foundation
- Reviewer for grant proposals for the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation
- Volunteer at "Amanecer" orphanage, Cochabamba, Bolivia
- One of eight nominees for 2017 Business Leader of the Year, Southern Colorado Women's Chamber
- Winner of the 2016 Women of Influence Award