- PhD, Marketing, Southern Illinois University (2012)
- Master of Arts, Socio-Cultural Anthropology, Southern Illinois University (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, Southern Illinois University (2000)
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (2014- present)
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, St. John Fisher College (2012-2014)
- November 2013-2014: Strategic digital marketing consultant for The Purple Briefcase
- January-April 2012: Invited consultant and strategic marketing counselor for entrepreneurial startups with Southern Illinois Small Business Development Center.
- May 2003-May 2009: Owner/Founder of Key Industries Inc. DBA: Clayship Guitar & Repair
- Clark, Terry, Thomas M. Key, Monica Hodis, & Daniel Rajaratnam, (2014) "The Intellectual Ecology of Mainstream Marketing Research: An Inquiry into the Place of Marketing in the Family of Business Disciplines," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 42 (3).
- Key, Thomas M., Robert Boostrom, Mavis Adjei, and David Campbell (2013), "Watch Out: Themes in Timepiece Communities of Counterfeit Consumption," Journal of Consumer Behaviour, 12 (4).
- Clark, Terry and Thomas M. Key (2011), "A Marvel and Wonder: Shelby Hunt's Contributions to Marketing" in Marketing Legends, Volume 7, Marketing Management and Strategy: Philosophy of Science Foundations of Marketing. Rajan Varadarajan, editor, Sage Publications.