Third Party Special Accounts are set up prior to visiting the bookstore to purchase your books. This should be seamless to third party sponsored students. Please check with your 3rd party sponsor to make sure that your name has been submitted to 3rd Party Sponsor Billing for Special Accounts with the bookstore.
Special Accounts does operate on structured opening and closing dates. This is for accounting and invoicing purposes. Special Accounts opens for 3rd party book purchases approximately two weeks before the first day of classes begins each semester and closes seven weeks after classes begin. Special Accounts for VA VOC Rehab. Chapter 31 and KANE Scholarships generally open a week earlier. Summer semester open and close dates are abbreviated. Special Accounts open and close dates are published each term.
Sometimes we will need to close out your account before the published closing date due to terms determined by your 3rd party sponsor as to when they when they need the invoice for your bookstore purchases.
The first step is for you or your third party sponsor to send your authorization for book purchases to the Office of 3rd Party Sponsor Billing. We will then confirm enrollment and guidelines that your 3rd Party sponsor has specified for purchases, then authorize the bookstore to set up a special account for you to purchase your items. Your special account at the bookstore will be authorized within one to two business days. You may submit your third party authorization by any of the 3 ways listed below:
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
Office of 3rd Party Sponsor Billing
1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway
Colorado Springs CO 80918
Once you have submitted your third party authorization and allow one to two business days for a special account to be set up in your name, you may visit the UCCS Bookstore at your convenience, select your books and proceed to the cashier.
Beginning Spring 2017 semester, you will be required to present your class schedule and syllabus each time you purchase any items through Special Accounts.
Your third party provider requires that we confirm the textbooks you are purchasing are required for the classes in which you are enrolled. Therefore, each time you make a purchase using your funds, you are required to provide physical evidence of enrollment in a class and the required book list for that class. You must provide:
- BOTH your class schedule from the student portal
- AND a book list showing the required books for your classes:
- either your syllabus
- or a printout of the required books from the UCCS Bookstore website (www.uccsbookstore.com). A screen-print is sufficient.
These two documents also serve a dual purpose, as you need to them to locate your textbooks on the sales floor. The bookstore cashier will then retain both of the above documents and attach it to the bookstore’s copy of the receipt for auditing purposes.
- ONLINE: Order online at UCCSBOOKSTORE.COM for pickup in store or to be shipped to your home (if the order does not meet the “free shipping” threshold then you must pay for the shipping or receive approval from your counsellor that your sponsor will pay for shipping). You may only purchase REQUIRED (or one of the “CHOICE” selections) course materials as indicated on your syllabus or course/book list. Indicate in the comment section that you are a Special Account. NEW: at checkout, “payment option,” select “3rd Party Payment” in the drop-down. On the next page, in “billing address,” make sure you enter your UCCS Student ID in the appropriate box, along with the other required fields. When your order is ready, you will be notified to come to the UCCS Bookstore Online Order desk. When you pick up your items, you will be escorted to the cashiers where we are able to charge your Special Account. Use this process also to reserve and obtain any backordered items not on the bookstore shelves. Prior to arrival, you are required to retrieve and print your course/booklist and bring it to the bookstore when picking up your order, see below.
- IN-STORE: If you prefer to physically shop the UCCS Bookstore, then prior to arrival retrieve and print your course/booklist (see below) and bring it to the UCCS Bookstore. You may only purchase REQUIRED (or one of the “CHOICE” selections) course materials. Bring your items to the cashier and your authorized items will be rung on your student account. Any bookstore associate will be more than happy to assist you!
Tips to make this go smoothly:
- Bring a physical copy of your course/book list. Step-by-step visual instructions on how to go into your student portal are listed below--click on the link referenced in the image below. The link will be titled “View your books for the semester (term and academic year)”. From there you will see a booklist for the classes you are currently enrolled in for that semester. Print this booklist and bring it into the bookstore. You will not be allowed to purchase any course materials without this list in hand, EACH TIME YOU PURCHASE.
- Only bring required course materials to the cashier. You will not be allowed to purchase any course materials without this list, and all course materials must be "required" or one of the "choice" items. "Recommended" or "Optional" are not covered by Special Accounts. "D1" (Day One) materials are automatically placed on your Student Account and paid for by Special Accounts. D1 access is not purchased in the bookstore.
- Have your UCCS Student ID ready! Bookstore associates are trained to process Special Account purchases. Just let them know that you are on a Special Account and present your Student ID card and give them your Student ID Number (Your student ID number is not on your card—look it up before arriving at the counter). They will process your book purchases within the guidelines given by your Special Account. YOU are responsible to make sure you are purchasing approved items. The cashier will assist with this, but ultimately YOU are responsible for not purchasing unapproved items. Any unauthorized items identified during audit will be your responsibility and will require you to pay for the items with your own funds.
The associates at the bookstore are trained to process 3rd party book purchases. Just let them know that you are on Special Accounts and (very important!) give them your Student ID Number. They will process your book purchases within the guidelines given by your third party sponsor.
If you have any questions concerning your purchase through 3rd party billing, you may contact Bonnie Bates at 719-255-3399, or if you need any assistance with your Special Accounts in order to purchase books, you may ask for Paul Deniston or call him at 719-255-4665.