Frequently Asked Questions

UCCS SFS - Bursar / Cashiering Office - FAQs

Main Campus FAQs
  1. When will I receive a bill?  Where can I see my balance ?

    DO NOT WAIT FOR A PAPER BILL.  Your itemized bill and balance due must be accessed through the myUCCS Portal.  Access the "Finances" area in the myUCCS Portal to view your itemized statement and balance, enroll in a deferred payment plan, and make payments.

  2. When is my payment due?

    Please go to the Bursar / Cashiering Office page to view the deadlines and due dates for the various payment options.

  3. What if I register for classes after the first due date?

    Extended registration for the semester runs through the Census date (see the Bursar / Cashiering Office page).  After Census, students will be required to pay in-full (use the Bill Estimator if needed) before you will be allowed to register for courses.

  4. I am receiving Financial Aid.  How does billing work for me?

    If you are planning on using Financial Aid to pay your bill, and you do not expect to receive your aid before the due date (Census date or final add/drop date), you will need to enroll in a payment plan to avoid late fees.  Any amount not covered by Financial Aid will be due by the due date for that semester, or by the payment plan due dates if you enroll in a payment plan.

  5. What is the College Opportunity Fund (COF)?  Am I eligible for COF?

    Please visit the COF website at to read about COF and determine if you are eligible.  Most undergraduate Colorado residents are eligible for COF.  Courses added after census date are not eligible for COF.

  6. I have already applied for COF.  Why hasn't it applied toward my balance?

    In addition to applying for COF, you must also authorize your COF funds every semester by going to the myUCCS Portal and clicking on Student Financials (Bursar) > COF Authorization / Review > Update Authorization > Choose Authorization.

  7. What happens when I enroll in a payment plan?

    Payment plans help students by dividing the full balance into multiple, smaller balances and monthly payment dates.  Each smaller balance will be paid automatically via credit card or your bank, depending on how you set up the payment plan.  While enrolled in a payment plan, and while payments are being paid automatically, late fees will not be assessed.  However, once payments stop happening automatically (ie., invalid credit card, insufficient bank funds), late fees will restart on the unpaid past-due balance.  Go to our Payment Policies and Deadlines page for more information.

  8. What happens if I do not pay my balance in-full by the payment due dates, and I'm not enrolled in a payment plan?

    Students will be assessed late fees when charges are not paid by their due dates.  Bills not paid by their respective payment deadline will be assessed a once-per-semester prorated late fine of up to $50 (see the chart below) AND a %1 per month service charge on the unpaid balance (12% A.P.R).

    From To Fine
    $0 $49.99 $0
    $50 $99.99 $5
    $100 $299.99 $10
    $300 $499.99 $20
    $500 $699.99 $30
    $700 $899.99 $40
    $900 & above $50
  9. I need to send my payment to you by overnight or Express mail.  Where do I send it?

    If you need to get your payment to us by overnight or Express mail, you should send it to the street address for our office (click here).

  10. I pay my dependent's bill, so why can't I get his/her account details?

    Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) we are not allowed to give information concerning a student’s account to anyone other than the student.  The exception is if the student has filled out a parental authorization form which can be obtained from Admissions and Records.

  11. I thought I only owed tuition for this semester.  Why am I being charged fees?

    Tuition is only a portion of your total bill.  For undergraduates, mandatory fees also apply every semester.  Click here to see a list of tuition and mandatory student fees.  Other fees may also apply such as course fees, room & board, fines, etc.

  12. How does billing work for Extended Studies Courses ?

    Extended Studies courses are billed differently than main-campus courses.  You can find the answers to your questions by visiting our Extended Studies Billing page.

  13. How do I pay for audited courses?

    All persons who wish to attend regularly scheduled classes and who are not registered students must obtain auditor's status.  Auditors, whether in-state or out-of-state, pay in-state tuition for 3 semester hours at the lower division undergraduate rate for Fall, Spring, or Summer term and receive class instruction and library privileges only.  Auditors may attend as many courses as they wish.  An auditor's card must be presented to the instructor when requesting permission to attend a class.  Cards may be obtained from the Bursar's Office in Main Hall after classes begin.  To qualify as an auditor, an individual must be 21 years of age or older.  Persons are not eligible to audit courses if they are under suspension from the university.  Auditors may attend as many courses as they wish (except those courses with laboratories or where equipment is used), provided they have permission from the instructor.