- Board of Directors - March
- President and Vice-President - November
If you are interested in becoming a board member for the BSNA please email a BSNA Officer. Please include what position you would like to run for and prepare a 1-2 minute speech to be given at the March meeting. Being involved with BSNA is very rewarding and is a great way to boost a resumé .
For more information about each position and what it entails please contact the person currently holding the position. Contact information is listed below.
ARTICLE VII: ELECTIONS
Section 1 – Elections of Officers
- Elections shall follow the state election but precede the annual NSNA Convention. Appropriate notification shall be given to the membership at large prior to election.
- Candidates nominated for a position must attend the annual election meeting and present a speech of no more than two minutes or submit a written presentation to the President to be presented.
- All candidates nominated must be current NSNA members at the time of election and must remain members during their term of office.
- To facilitate smooth transition following elections, a 90 day period of mentorship shall occur. The newly elected board shall be considered Board-elect positions and the current board will remain in place until the 90 day period has expired. The following tasks should be completed during the mentorship period: orientation of BSNA organizational structure and bylaws, familiarization of basic Robert’s Rules of Order, education of the responsibilities and duties specific to the Board position, relinquishment of all records to the incoming Board member, provision of an orientation packet to include a copy of BSNA bylaws, “8 Steps to Making a Motion”, and NSNA “Getting the Pieces to Fit”.
- All elections shall be by secret ballot. Each member voting shall receive one ballot after membership has been verified.
- Members shall not vote by absentee ballot.
- A plurality vote of the members entitled to vote and voting shall constitute an official election. Election will be rescheduled in the event that the voting body is less than 15 members present.
- Vacancies of any office, except the President, shall be filled by appointment of the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE IX: EXECUTIVE BOARD
Section 1 – Definition The Executive Board shall consist of the
- One (1) non-voting advisor
Section 2 – Duties and Responsibilities
- The Executive Board shall be responsible for transacting business of the association between scheduled meetings and shall report such transactions at the next meeting of the membership.
Last updated April 5, 2017