Produced by University Communications and Media Relations
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
© Regents of the University of Colorado
Layout and Design
The following general guidelines apply to all UCCS visual communications (print, digital, online, outdoor, apparel, display, etc.)
- Brand. All visual communications should reinforce the UCCS brand.
- Visual identification. ALL visual communications must include 1) a UCCS logo and a CU System logo, and 2) the official UCCS colors. The easiest way to accomplish this is by reserving the bottom of the material for the brand logo elements.
- Sub-identity. Use a headline or text to indicate the school, program or department doing the communicating.
- Layout. Clean, uncluttered and vibrant, with clear information hierarchy.
- Content. Make headlines and body copy engaging, succinct and easy to digest.
- Photography. Use visuals that reinforce content and messaging. Single, powerful images are stronger than multiples or collages.
- Call to action. Clearly state the action you wish the viewer to take.