- 2007-2008 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Muhlenberg College
- 2007 Ph.D. Environmental and Evolutionary Biology, West Virginia University, WV
- 2001 B.S Environmental and Forest Biology, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, NY
- 2010-Current Principal Investigator, Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory, Gothic, CO
- 2010-2017 Coordinator of Undergraduate Research, Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory, Gothic, CO
- 2008-2015 Associate Professor, Biology, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, MA
- 2010-2011 Instructor for Methods in Field Ecology
Plant-insect interactions, conservation of wild-harvested medicinal plants, rare plant monitoring and population biology
- Hoopes, M.F., Marsh, D.M., Beard, K.H., Goldberg, N., Aparicio, A., Arbuthnot, A. Hixon, B. Danielle Laflower, D., Lee, L., Little, A., Mooney, E., Pallette, A., Ravenscraft, A., Scheele, S., Stowe, K., Sykes, C.*, Watson, R., & Yang, B. 2013. Invasive plants in wildlife refuges. BioScience 63: 644-656.
- McGraw, J.B., A. E. Lubbers, M. Van der Voort, E. H. Mooney, M. A. Furedi, S. Souther, J. B.Turner, and J Chandler. 2013. Ecology and conservation of ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) in a changing world. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1286: 62-91.
- Mooney, E.H., and R.A. Niesenbaum, 2012. Population-specific responses to light influence herbivory in the understory shrub Lindera benzoin. Ecology 93:2683–2692.
- Mooney, E.H., M.J. Edwards, N.Z. Muth, R.A. Niesenbaum, 2010. Genetic differentiation between sun and shade habitats in populations of Lindera benzoin. Population Ecology 52(3): 417-425.