The post-graduate certificate program builds upon and expands the knowledge, values, and skills of the Master's prepared nurse. The College offers the option of advanced study for Primary Care Nurse Practitioner leading to a Post Masters Certificate. In addition to specialty courses which prepare for expanded clinical roles in adult and gerontological health or family health, the student is prepared for prescriptive authority in advanced pathophysiology, assessment, and pharmacology. The program is 100% online and primary care based practicum hours are set up where you reside.
- Completion of 25-34 credits at the graduate level (depending on previous degree and Rx authority)
- A grade of "B" or more in all nursing courses
- Completion of certificate requirements within six years
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all previous course work
- Curriculum Vitae or Resumé
- Completion of an accredited Master's degree in nursing program
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse License from the state where you practice during practicum rotations
- Passing score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if your native language is not English.
- Submission of all application materials by posted deadlines
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will be able to:
- Foster change in health care delivery systems through translation of evidence in practice
- Assume leadership in fostering collaborative interprofessional care teams to integrate care service across the health care system
- Participate in lifelong learning to promote excellence and to design innovative models of nursing practice
Due to individual state regulations, we are accepting students from these states:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Admitted Students: You have been admitted to our program as a resident of the particular state in which you resided at the time of application. If you plan to move to a different state while in our program, or do any practicum hours in a different state, it is your responsibility to check our List of Approved States to make sure that you may continue in our program after moving to that state. For more information click the hyperlink Professional Licensure.
Professional licensure requirements vary by profession and by state. The University of Colorado has not determined whether a course, program, certificate, or degree meets requirements for professional licensure outside of Colorado. Prior to enrolling, online and distance students are strongly advised to check with the appropriate licensing board in their current or intended state of residence to ensure the online course, program, certificate, or degree will meet that state's requirements. Contact information for your state's Board of Nursing is available by clicking the hyperlink.
Apply Online - As of 5/3/2017, UCCS has transitioned to a new Graduate School Application system and if you started an application prior to 5/3/17 you can click here to return to the old application system and continue your application. Your username and password and application already started in the old system are valid until the deadline for that application. Your username and password for the old system are NOT valid for the new application system.
If you want to start a new application, please click here to go to our new application system to begin. You will have to register for a username and password as a first time user and then start the application.
- Spring term application deadline is August 15
- Fall term application deadline is March 15
- For more information, contact Diane Busch at email@example.com or 719.255.4424.
Approved or Accredited by:
- The post-master's certificate at the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs is accredited by the
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 887-6791
Copyright 2002-2017, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing & Health Sciences
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Last Updated: June 30, 2017