Baccalaureate education provides the entry level preparation for professional nursing practice.
BSN PROGRAM OUTCOMES
After completing the BSN program, the graduate will be able to:
- Function in the beginning role of a baccalaureate generalist nurse in settings that cross all populations and environments
- Be proficient in the core nursing competencies of clinical/critical reasoning, patient safety, and quality improvement principles
- Maintain interprofessional collaboration and communication to improve healthcare outcomes
- Master the required core knowledge for baccalaureate generalist nursing practice
- Demonstrate professionalism and its values (including altruism, autonomy, human dignity, social justice, and integrity) as a baccalaureate generalist nurse
Approved or Accredited by:
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs is accredited by the
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 887-6791
- Colorado Commission of Higher Education (CCHE)
- Colorado State Board of Nursing
For specific questions not answered here, contact our prospective nursing advisor Linda Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719.255.3867.
We will be hosting an information session on February 16, 2018, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM on the UCCS campus in University Hall, Room 141.
Copyright 2002-2017, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing & Health Sciences
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Last Updated: Sept 8, 2017