The Master of Science Strength & Conditioning program does not offer graduate assistants to incoming students. We do have four GAs with UCCS Athletics. These are competitive placements for our first year students and awarded in the second year of the student's program.
Limited teaching assistant positions are available through the Health Sciences Department. Potential activity courses include: Pilates; Yoga; Kickboxing; Strength Band Training; Zumba; Weightlifting; Hike, Walk, Jog for Fitness; and Boot Camp Toning & Conditioning. Grading teaching positions are also available for some lecture courses. These positions are paid per credit hour taught and do not include tuition remission or stipends. Decisions on these positions are not made until accepted applicants have confirmed that they will attend UCCS.
- Please provide a brief summary of your background, experience and interest that would assist in our consideration of your request for these assistantships. This information is not part of the online application process and should be submitted directly to Dr. Craig Elder (email@example.com)
Community & Campus Partners
The following agencies in the community are possibilities for students to complete the required practicum hours. All students must interview with the agency for their practicum and there are no guaranteed placements based purely on students acceptance to the Master of Science Strength & Conditioning program.
- 365 Performance - Monument, CO
- Carmichael Training Systems
- Castle View High School - Castle Rock, CO
- Colorado State University - Pueblo: Strength and Conditioning - Pueblo, CO
- FC Boulder - Athletic Performance - Boulder, CO
- Fort Carson - 10th SFG, THOR
- Fort Carson - World Class Athlete Program
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Pinnacle Weightlifting
- Pro Status Performance, Inc.
- Redline Athletics
- Stedman Hawkins Sports Performance - Denver, CO
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs: Center for Active Living
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs: Strength and Conditioning
- University of Colorado: Sports Performance - Boulder, CO
- University of Denver: Strength and Conditioning - Denver, CO
- United States Air Force Academy: Human Performance Laboratory
- United States Air Force Academy: Strength and Conditioning
Copyright 2002-2017, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing & Health Sciences
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Last Updated: April 25, 2017