Multiple graduate assistantships are available through the Sports Medicine Program at the collegiate and high school level with our Community Partners in the Colorado Springs region.
Our Community Partners
- Colorado College
- Colorado State University-Pueblo
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs Collegiate Club Sports
- Cheyenne Mountain High School
- Sand Creek High School
- Manitou Springs High School
- Rock Canyon High School
- Douglas County High School
- Lewis Palmer High School
Stipends up to $14,000 will be awarded. Tuition remission is not available. GAs will be contracted mid-August through the end of May.
A student must have applied to and be accepted into the MSc in Sports Medicine program before being offered a GA position.
- Bachelor's degree required
- BOC Certification and Colorado Athletic Trainer Registration prior to start date required. Accepted into the MSc in Sports Medicine Program - Athletic Training Track.
- Preference is given to those taking the BOC exam by April.
- Successful applicants must complete vaccination verification, pass a criminal background check and gain Colorado Athletic Training registration for final approval of position.
- Please provide the following in a single electronic document to Mandi Elder at email@example.com.
- Cover letter Resume
- Please indicate if you are interested in a collegiate, high school or either position
- List of three references with position and contact information
- Deadline for receipt of all GA application materials is January 31 for priority consideration. Applications will be accepted through mid-April for consideration if positions remain available.
- For information on how to apply for GA positions with UCCS Athletics, please contact Ashley VanMeter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offer of a GA position is not guaranteed.
Limited teaching assistant positions are available through the Health Sciences Department. Priority for teaching assistantships is given to students who do not hold a GA position. Potential activity courses include: Pilates; Yoga; Kickboxing; Strength Band Training; Zumba; Weightlifting; Hike, Walk, Jog for Fitness; and Boot Camp Toning & Conditioning. Lecture courses include sections of Personal Fitness and Wellness. These positions are paid per credit hour taught and do not include tuition remission or stipends. Decisions on these positions are not made until accepted applicants have confirmed that they will attend UCCS.
- Please provide a brief summary of your background, experience and interest that would assist in our consideration of your request for these assistantships. This information is not part of the online application process and should be submitted directly to Dr. Craig Elder (email@example.com)
Copyright 2002-2017, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing & Health Sciences
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Last Updated: January 25, 2017