What is Our Philosophy?
We believe that individuals and communities can experience better health through education, behavior change, and environmental improvement. Our curriculum draws from a number of complementary disciplines including psychology, sociology, biological and clinical sciences, and business.
How is Our Certificate Program Structured?
Our 12-credit hour Health Education, Promotion, & Behavior graduate certificate program is a condensed version of our graduate Health Promotion degree program and can be completed fully online. This program is designed for people from a variety of undergraduate backgrounds who are interested in obtaining a baseline of health education and promotion knowledge that they can apply in their personal and professional lives.
Is Our Content a Fit for You?
- Would you like to learn how lifestyle influences health?
- Are you passionate about personal and community health?
- Would you like to learn how to be a more effective advocate for healthy living?
- Are you interested in why people behave the way they do?
- Would you like to learn how to create and evaluate health behavior change programs?
If your answer to several of the questions above is YES, you should consider pursuing graduate level education in the Health Promotion area of UCCS’s Department of Health Sciences!
Copyright 2002-2017, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing & Health Sciences
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Last Updated: January 25, 2017