The Balsells Mobility Program offers students from the Catalonia region of Spain an opportunity to complete their mobility projects during a three-to-six-month research internship in a campus engineering lab.
Students can choose to complete a project in one of the following areas of research:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
For further details on the research opportunities available, please click here to view a research guide (PDF).
If you are interested in a particular research area and cannot find it on the research guide, please contact email@example.com.
- Must be citizens and permanent residents of Spain.
- Demonstrate interest in Master level studies in the U.S.
- Intend to apply for the Balsells Graduate Fellowship Program.
- Have intermediate English proficiency and advanced academic standing.
- Obtain academic and professional development.
- Access research supplies and faculty mentorship.
- Receive up to a $1,500 USD total reimbursement for travel to and from Spain.
- Receive a $6,000 USD stipend for living expenses for up to 6 months.
- Receive health insurance.
We must receive the following documents from your home institution’s Study Abroad Office (or its equivalent).
Deadline for application documents: July 31 for students starting at UCCS in spring semester. Spring cohorts start in early February and complete their project by early May.
- Recommendation letter that includes their endorsement of your English proficiency
- Statement of Interest
- Curriculum Vita
- Academic transcripts (in English)
- Copy of your passport
Email all application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.