The Balsells Graduate Fellowship Program is a unique opportunity for students from the Catalonia region of Spain to complete their Master’s degree at the UCCS College of Engineering and Applied Science. A defining feature of the Balsells Graduate Fellowship Program at UCCS is that the students are studying in the fields of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
A Master of Science (M.S.) degree at the University of Colorado Colorado, Springs requires 30 semester credits and may be completed with a thesis option or with coursework only. Balsells Fellows are expected to complete the thesis option, so that they obtain practical experience with a research project. The thesis option includes 24 course credits and six thesis credits, typically requiring 5 continuous semesters (including summer) or less to complete the M.S. degree. Balsells Fellows are encouraged to continue for a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree, which requires additional course credits and 30 credits for the Ph.D. dissertation.
- Must be citizens and permanent residents of Spain.
- Have been admitted to an applicable UCCS College of Engineering and Applied Science degree program (for more information, see “How to Apply” section below).
- Demonstrate interest in PhD studies in the U.S.
- Have intermediate English proficiency and advanced academic standing.
- Obtain academic and professional development
- Access faculty mentorship
- Receive a $1,700 USD stipend for 22 months (5 continuous semesters)
- Receive full coverage of tuition and fees for 22 months (5 continuous semesters)
- Receive health insurance
The deadline to apply for the Fall cohort of students is April 1st
You must first apply and be accepted into one of the following degree programs to be considered for the Balsells Graduate Fellowship Program. Please see the linked pages for each program’s application requirements:
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Computer Science - Focus in Media Convergence, Games and Media Integration
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering - Focus in Information Assurance
- Master of Engineering - Focus in Software Engineering
Once you are admitted to the degree program, please reference your program information and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility for the Balsells Graduate Fellowship Program.