DINNER WITH 12 MOUNTAIN LIONS
Dinner with 12 Mountain Lions Purpose & Goals:
Dinner with 12 Mountain Lions, coordinated by the UCCS Alumni & Friends Association, pairs students with local UCCS alumni and friends for small, intimate dinner parties. The goal of this unique program is to provide students with the following opportunities:
· Meet UCCS alumni and friends in a relaxed, informal setting
· Establish connections beyond immediate peer or academic groups
· Develop a higher comfort level networking with alumni
• Experience the broader UCCS community
Alumni hosts and participants not only get to know current UCCS students on a deeper level, but also act as role models by sharing life experiences and advice with students while teaching them how to succeed at UCCS and beyond. Ultimately, Dinner with 12 Mountain Lions is another way the UCCS Alumni & Friends Association strives to bridge the gap between students and alumni.
Dinner with 12 Mountain Lions Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who qualifies as a host? Any alumni of UCCS are welcome to participate. Additionally, we welcome co-hosts to join the main host (they do not need to be an alumnus). Often times, these are spouses, colleagues, or children who have graduated from college and are in a similar career field.
- Who pays for the dinner? This program has been a success because of the very generous donations of our alumni. The alumni dinner host(s) is fully responsible for the financial costs associated with their dinner.
- What assistance do I receive with the dinner? The Alumni & Friends Association handles everything on the student side as far as getting students registered for your dinner and arranging/providing transportation to and from the location. All you have to do is set your dinner date, time, and location and we handle the rest. You will also be assigned a student facilitator who will serve as a liaison between you and your student attendees.
- Do I have to host 12 students? No you do not. The minimum requirement is 6 students. We also allow alums to host more than 12 if they desire.
- Can I have someone host the dinner with me? Of course! This is a good way to have assistance with dinner costs and logistics, and can even enable you to host more students.
- Do I have to host the dinner at my home? No, you do not. You can host students at a restaurant, your place of work, or at the home of your co-host if they have the space to accommodate your students.
- What if I want to host something earlier in the day? Like a brunch or a lunch? We have offered earlier time slots for those wishing to host a lunch.
- I do not live in the Colorado Springs area, but would still like to host a dinner. If you do not live or work within this vicinity, we suggest finding a restaurant location or a co-host that resides closer to Colorado Springs or contact our office to discuss additional options.
Interested in hosting a Dinner with 12? Please fill out the volunteer form.
Still have questions? Please contact Lisa Bartholme at email@example.com or 719.255.3187.