For Fall 2018
- Application window - 1 June to 3 August 2018
So, you meet the eligibility requirements and are interested in joining AFROTC Detachment 105? Follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Enroll
Enroll as a full-time student at UCCS. Full-time student status is at least 12 credits per semester.
Step 2: Register
Freshmen: Register for the AFROTC AS100 (AFAS 1010 – Fall semester or AFAS 1020 – Spring semester) class through your UCCS Registrar. Also, register for the AFROTC Leadership Laboratory (AFAS 1000).
Sophomores: Register for the AFROTC AS100 (AFAS 1010 – Fall semester or AFAS 1020 – Spring semester) and AFROTC AS200 (AFAS 2010 – Fall semester or AFAS 2020 – Spring semester) classes through your UCCS Registrar. Also, register for the AFROTC Leadership Laboratory (AFAS 1000).
***NOTE: You must have at least three remaining before graduating with your undergraduate degree. If not, please contact the Recruiting Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to registering for the classes***
Step 3: Apply
Please read carefully prior to proceeding. Print and fill out (by hand) the application packet. You must scan/email the completed packet to the Recruiting Officer at email@example.com no later than 3 August 2018 for the Fall 2018 semester. After your digital packet has been reviewed you will hear from the Detachment regarding the next steps. Upon submitting your application, you may not hear back from us immediately, as the volume of emails and phone calls may be high. You need to have all the required documentation on hand to in-process the Detachment-this will occur shortly after the semester starts.
- The Pre-Participatory Sports Physical must be completed by a physician before the start of the semester. We will NOT accept physicals on any other form/documentation than that provided. If you have already completed a DoDMERB that has been stamped "Qualified", you do not need to complete the Pre-Participatory Sports Physical.
Step 4: Screening Interview and In-Processing
You will fully in-process our detachment shortly before the start of the semester. Be sure to have access to the following documents at the beginning of the semester: The paperwork listed below must be returned to the Detachment no later than 13 August 2018.
- Official Birth Certificate (must be original - a copy will be made at the detachment and the original will return to the cadet)
- Official Social security card (must be original - a copy will be made at the detachment and the original will return to the cadet)
- Selective Service Registration verification (Males only) (can be printed from the Selective Service System website)
- High school / college transcripts (does NOT need to be official)
- All ACT / SAT scores (does NOT need to be official)
- Any JROTC / Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts / Civil Air Patrol Awards or Certificates you may have
- Sports Physical
- If you have any prior civil involvements (i.e. school related discipline, parking, traffic, or speeding citations, etc.) please bring in a copy of the citation and/or final disposition receipts
- DD Form 214 if you are prior Active Duty
- DD 785 Record of Disenrollment from Officer Candidate-Type Training (if applicable)
- Form 368 if you are a guardsman (ANG) or reservist (RES)