In order to become a member of AFROTC Detachment 105's Cadet Wing at UCCS, you must meet these basic eligibility requirements:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours or more per term) at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs.
- Must have at least 3 years remaining before graduating with your undergraduate degree. See the notes under Step 2: Register of "How to Join".
- If you have previously taken college-level courses, you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- It is imperative that you are in good physical condition; you will be required to attend physical training at least twice a week. You will also be required to take the Physical Fitness Assessment once per semester. Additionally, all cadets must conform to the maximum weight/height and body fat standards as established by the United States Air Force.
- If you have a medical question, DoDMERB is your only official source of information. Detachment personnel typically scheduled new cadets who are not on scholarship for a DODMERB examination during their second semester as active cadets. For a list of common disqualifiers, please see AFROTC Program Requirements.
- All new cadets that do NOT have an active DoDMERB exam will need a sports physical before starting the program (found in the application packet). This must be turned in to our staff the first week of classes. A sports physical can be conducted by either your own doctor, or a school physician.
- Must be 14 years of age or older (17 years or older to receive a scholarship)
- Rated (Pilot, Combat Systems Officer and Air Battle Manager)—commissioned before reaching the age of 29. Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilot (with a waiver)—commissioned before reaching 42
- Scholarship applicants—be younger than 31 years old as of December 31 of the year you will be commissioned
- Tech, nontech and nonrated—commissioned by age 39 (waiverable up to age 42)
- Pre-health Professions Program—commissioned by age 47 (waiverable up to age 49)