Map out your remaining courses for your degree here: Semester by Semester Plan.pdf

Registering for Courses

For important enrollment dates and semester deadlines, review the Academic Calendar on the Office of the Registrar website. The Calendar depicts when shopping carts are available as well as when class registration begins.

  1. After Orientation login to your UCCS Portal
  2. Click the “Records and Registration” Dropdown
  3. Select “Access Student Self Services”
  4. Click on “Register for Classes (Add/Drop)”
  5. Look under “Enrollment Appointment” for your Specific Date and Time.
NOTE: New admits can only enroll after completing an Orientation at UCCS.
  • Holds = Some holds can prevent enrollment in the upcoming the semester. To view your holds, follow the steps below:
    1. Login to your UCCS Portal
    2. Click the “Records and Registration” Dropdown
    3. Select “Access Student Self Services”
    4. Click on “Tasks-Holds”
    5. Click on Hold to determine which Department issued the Hold
  • Term Enrollment Date = Your enrollment date and time may not have arrived. View the steps under “When Can I Register” for assistance.
  • Prerequisites = Course Prerequisites are strictly enforced for all classes at UCCS and students are responsible for completing all prerequisites.

You should review your degree audit to see what requirements need to be completed along with your advising guide for your appropriate major. Additionally, UCCS has recently launched a new schedule builder tool that is available by clicking on the Schedules tab in the degree audit system. Connect with your advisor each semester to review your course selection and to review your overall plan for your degree. 

You may register for courses listed in the degree audit as long as you have met the prerequisites and corequisites for the courses. You can access advising guides to assist with course selection and planning on our Academic Advising website under the "Major and Minors" tab. A guide to using the schedule builder feature of degree audit can be found here. Graduate Advising Assistants are also available to assist you in interpreting your degree audit and building your schedule.

Each semester has a census date, when course registration closes for the semester. You may add and drop courses freely until this date, provided any holds have been resolved. You will receive a full refund by dropping courses by this date. Dropping courses after this date will result in no refund. You may register for courses after the deadline using an Add/Drop form. These forms require the signatures of the instructor and dean and are located in the Records Office, Main Hall 108.

You may register for more than 18 credits after completing a Course Overload Form located at the front desk in Academic Advising (Main Hall 208).

Credit Overload Form.pdf

Dropping Courses

Check with VA, GI Bill, Financial Aid/Scholarships and Housing.

Contact Financial Aid 
Contact the OVMSA 
Contact Residence Life
Contact the Office of Financial Aid for questions about SAP
View your GPA to see how dropping a course may impact your progress to graduation 

If you have other questions, please set up an appointment with your advisor.

  • Drop Definition – Dropping a course means removing a course in which you are currently enrolled from your list of enrolled courses for the semester. Depending on how late in the semester you want to drop, you may need additional permission to remove a course from your schedule. For more information about this process, please visit the Registrar here. If you need a drop form, these can be found in the Registrar’s office, Main Hall 108.

  • Withdrawal Definition – Withdrawing from a course means removing a course in which you are currently enrolled from your list of enrolled courses for the semester after the drop deadline. This deadline varies semester to semester. Removing the course after this deadline will result in a “W” on your transcript. For information about this process, or about withdrawing from all of your classes at once, please visit the Registrar here. Withdrawal forms can be found in the Records Office, Main Hall 108.

  • Census Date - the Census Date is the point in a semester at which your enrollment/course schedule is locked-in for financial aid purposes. At this point in the term, credit hours are locked-in and financial aid for the term is adjusted to reflect your official enrolled credits. This date will vary from semester to semester. Please review the Academic Calendar for specific dates.

  • Need to add or drop a class? Please visit the Registrar’s website here. Add/drop forms can be found in the Registrar’s office, Main Hall 108.

If you missed the deadlines, you will need additional signatures and permission to remove a course from your schedule. Add/drop forms can be found in the Registrar’s office, Main Hall 108. Courses dropped after Census Date are non-refundable and will be assigned a grade of “W” on your transcript. Students must obtain dean and instructor approval to drop a course after the Census Date. These types of requests are only granted to students who have extenuating circumstances, and it is not guaranteed that students will be granted the option to drop the course. If approved, course drops after this deadline are assigned an official grade of 'W'. If a student is requesting approval to drop all courses after this deadline, they must obtain a Withdrawal Form from the Office of the Registrar (Main Hall 108) or our front desk. If a student is only requesting to drop a portion of their courses after this deadline, an Add/Drop Form can be used.

A withdrawal form is available at our Advising front desk or in the Registrar’s office, Main Hall 108. To withdraw completely from UCCS, please visit the Registrar’s website here

Additional Questions

Course work of comparable content and scope to the UCCS curriculum will generally be transferred if it was completed at colleges or universities accredited by one of the regional higher education accreditation commissions. Only courses that are academic in nature are transferable, career and technical courses are generally not transferable. Additional courses may be considered on a case-by-case basis once the student matriculates to UCCS. For questions regarding the official transfer evaluation prior to attending an orientation, please contact the Office of Student Recruitment (go@uccs.edu; 719-255-3084).

Log in to your student portal and you should see your assigned advisor in the top right of the page. You can also refer to the Academic Advising webpage to determine who your advisor is.

Our office only advises undergraduate students. Please visit the Graduate School’s webpage for how you can meet with an advisor. 

We don’t offer same- day appointments.

We do have drop-ins every Wednesday from 1:00-4:30, with check-in starting at 12:30.

Methods for meeting with an academic advisor.
  • First look over the Advising Guides on our website and your Degree Audit to decide what classes or majors you want to explore. You can also visit the Career Center to get assistance with exploration of possibly career fields.

  • If you would like to change or declare your major, or if you have specific questions about any of our programs, then you will meet with that Advisor in that area of study. You can set up an appointment by contacting our front desk staff at 719-255-3260 or come in for a drop-in session on Wednesdays. When you schedule an appointment, you should let our front desk staff know that you will be changing your major and they will set you up with the correct advisor!

    -Why do I need a permission number?

  • A Permission Number is a unique number students can be issued to enroll in a course they would otherwise not be eligible for. They are needed when students do not meet prerequisites or the class requires instructor/department consent to enroll.

    -How do I get a permission number?

  • Permission Numbers are issued by your instructor, academic departments or by Academic Advisors. Start with your course instructor and they can help you navigate this process.

    -How do I use a permission number?

  • Instructions can be found here.