UCCS is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation is vital for UCCS' continued ability to attract high quality students and faculty.
HLC Accreditation Process
An HLC team visited UCCS November 14-15, 2016 as part of the accreditation process. The team consisted of faculty from other universities with experience in evaluating campuses on a set of criteria. The visit by that team was part of an overall evaluation process to ensure the quality of the degrees and programs offered by the university. The visit also provided an opportunity for faculty, staff and students to revisit the UCCS role, mission and plans for the future.
Campus community members are encouraged to become familiar with the research and documents prepared for the HLC accreditation process.
- Assurance Argument Summaries (PDF 237KB)
- Assurance Argument, submitted Oct. 12, 2016 (PDF 507KB)
- Compliance Worksheet, submitted Oct. 12, 2016 (PDF 707KB)
- Compliance Worksheet Appendices (PDF 27.1MB)
- Quality Online Initiative, submitted Aug. 31, 2016 (PDF 450KB)
- 2012-2020 Strategic Plan 2016 Midpoint Review (PDF 16.1MB)
Schedule of HLC review team meetings: http://communique.uccs.edu/?p=24803
Dr. Katricia G Pierson
|Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs||East Central University|
Dr. Colleen R Greer
|Dean, College of Arts and Sciences||Bemidji State University|
Dr. Barbara I Wharton
|Associate Provost, Office of Institutional Research||Ohio University|
Dr. William E. Roweton
|Professor of Psychological Sciences||Chadron State College|
Dr. Kenneth Peress
|Vice President for Student Affairs||Lake Superior State University|
Related articles on Communique
- HLC mock interviews: More questions answered
- Preparation sessions for HLC interviews to begin soon
- Countdown to HLC visit begins: Are you ready?
- Campus meetings set to prepare for November HLC visit
- Chancellor uses campus report to help regents prepare for HLC visit
- Chancellor Memo: UCCS preps for re-accreditation
UCCS is accredited through the North Central Association of the Higher Learning Commission. Our most recent accreditation renewal occurred in 2016 and the previous was in 2006.
HLC's address is 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 in Chicago, IL 60604. Telephone 800-621-7440.