Volume 55, Issue 2
March 13, 2009
Ice cream celebrates housing contracts
In recognition of renewal week for student housing contracts, a team of celebrity waiters greeted students this week, offering a scoop of ice cream as an example of on-campus living amenities.
The volunteers included
- Carla Fleury, manager, Bookstore
- Jeff Davis, director, University Center
- Jim Spice, chief of police, Public Safety
- Gayanne Scott, executive director, Resource Management
- Amy Hill, director, Chancellors Leadership Class
- Steve Medlin, student financial services manager, Resource Management
- Martin Wood, chief operating officer, University Advancement
- Brad Bayer, executive director, Student Life and Leadership
- Tom Peterson, deputy chief of police, Public Safety
- Matt Gaden, director, Recreation Center
- Pam Shockley-Zalabak, chancellor
- Susan Szpyrka, chief of staff, Chancellor's Office
- Chris Beiswanger, director, Admissions Services
- Brian Burnett, vice chancellor, Administration and Finance
- Barbara Gaddis, director, Student Retention and First-Year Experience
- Ralph Geise, director of operations, Residence Life and Housing
Brian Burnett, vice chancellor, Administration and Finance, serves ice cream during contract renewal week in Student Housing.
Photo by Tamara Moore.
Communique is the online newsletter for UCCS faculty and staff. It is published weekly during the fall and spring semesters, monthly during the summer semester. Communique is sent to faculty and staff e-mail lists and, by request, to other e-mail addresses. Previous issues are available in the Communique Archives at www.uccs.edu/ur/communique/archives.html, and the current issue is always at www.uccs.edu/ur/communique. Suggestions and comments are welcome.
Send ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tom Hutton, 262-3439.
View Current Communique