Skip to Page Content
(Staff Extra-Enrichment and Development Subsidiary) Information
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND SEEDS COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The current SEEDS Committee meets the second Thursday of each month. This date is subject to change pending committee members’ previous commitments.
1. Applications must be received by the first working day of the month for distribution purposes.
2. Application forms must be completed in full, including all signatures.
3. Include a copy of the conference / workshop / seminar information or brochure (including costs).
4. Applicants will be notified within two weeks of the committee meeting.
5. Immediately upon completion of the event, SEEDS recipient must contact the Staff Council Treasurer for reallocation of SEEDS award to department speed type/account.
Printable Seeds Application
1. Employees must have been employed by the University for at least ONE YEAR to be eligible for a SEEDS award.
2. All staff, classified/unclassified, full/part-time, are eligible.
3. Employees may receive no more than $200.00 in SEEDS awards in any fiscal year. Awards are recorded by date of event rather than by date of application.
4. Examples of items funded: Continuing Education classes; PPCC classes; Job-related workshops, conferences and seminars.
5. Examples of items NOT funded: Magazine subscriptions; Professional dues; Personal enrichments (i.e., Weight Watchers, Smoke Enders, gym memberships, classroom materials or books); Taped seminars (audio or video); travel within Colorado Springs.
6. All applications will be considered and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
7. It is the applicant's responsibility to process all necessary paperwork such as payment voucher, receipts, invoices, and all other appropriate documentation.
8. If possible, use the ACARD to pay for event registration.
9. You are encouraged to submit your application prior to the event date. If this is not possible, your application will only be considered up to 60 days after the event date (with the exception of Fiscal Year crossovers).
CURRENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS & CAMPUS EXTENSIONS:
Samantha Villarreal , Chair, University Center, 3386
Anthony Cordova, Student Multicultural Affairs, 3040
Marian Harris, Admissions and Records, 3387
Daryl Miller, Office of Campus Activities, 3540
Kim Weaver, Bookstore, 3612
Liesl Eberhardt, Pre-Collegiate, 3299/4771
Sarah Cartwright, Intercollegiate Athletics, 3057
Deidre Green, Beth-El, 4486
Juli Heintz, Faculty Affairs and Records, 3628