- American Chemical Society Online - all the resources
Elements - properties of, applications for, and research on the
- Ask a Scientist Archive Directory
- answers to science questions, 1991-2001.
- biochemlinks - biology and chemistry education
- ChemFinder -
probably the best free searchable database for information about
- Chemdex - lots of links; especially useful for
finding chemistry department pages around the world.
- ChemSpy - The Internet Navigator for the
Chemical Industry: Find just about anything related to chemistry.
Factors - and physical constants, material properties.
- Distillations -
from the Chemical Heritage Foundation, podcasts and blogs on the past,
present, and future of chemistry.
- Electromagnetic Spectrum - broken down into its
- eMolecules - free chemistry
search engine. Search over 6 million structures by partial or full
structure or name.
- Fatty Acid Composition of Fats and Oils - an interesting
- General Chemistry: Starting points for
students - an excellent starting point for informational and tutorial material for
General Chemistry students.
- Global Warming - more of the inconvenient (?) truth than you'll get
in most of the popular media: "Environmental Effects of Increased
Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide," Arthur B. Robinson, Noah E. Robinson, and
Willie Soon, Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (2007)
Links for Chemists / Virtual
Library Chemistry Section - University of Liverpool site with over 8,225 chemistry
- Origins of Common Names of the Elements -
why does Na stand for sodium?
- Origins of Common Names of Organic Compounds -
malic, maleic, malonic? Where do these names come from?
- Periodic Table: WebElements - most elaborate
periodic table on the Web.
- Rolf Claessen's Chemistry Index - a
great index of links to useful chemistry info.
- WWW Chemistry Guide -
comprehensive and evaluated guide to web sites related to chemistry and
the chemical industry.
- Chemistry Software:
- ACD ChemSketch -
free chemical structure drawing
software (go to Free Stuff).
- ChemOffice - suite including
ChemDraw and Chem3D: chemical structure drawing and molecular modeling software.
ChemOffice Ltd (an older version) is available to students and
faculty at a substantial discount.
- ChemWindow - chemical
structure drawing program.
- Chemistry Careers:
- Academic Careers Online
- teaching and administrative jobs from pre-kindergarten through
colleges and universities.
- cen-chemjobs.org - the
classifieds and careers site of Chemical & Engineering News.
- ChemJobs.net - leading job
vacancy site for chemists, biochemists, pharmaceutical scientists
and chemical engineers.
(Please email me if any of these links