Veterans Educational Benefits

To receive any VA educational benefit, you must first fill out the VONAPP. It can be accessed by clicking here

The UCCS Office of Veteran and Military Student Affairs offers assistance with applying for education benefits. The following educational benefits are available to veterans and dependents at UCCS
  • Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill)
  • Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill - Transfer of Entitlement)
  • The Yellow Ribbon Program (For more details, please contact our office)
  • Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty)
  • Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
  • Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill - Reservists)
  • Chapter 1607 (Montgomery GI Bill - Reserve Educational Assistance Program)
  • Chapter 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance)
  • Active Duty Tuition Assistance (Please see your nearest base education office for more information)
  • HB 1039

Service members, veterans and dependents who want to use their federal VA educational benefits while enrolled at UCCS must submit an Enrollement Verification Form each term of enrollment. Please follow these steps:

  1. Complete the Enrollement Verification Form.
  2. After responding to each category, print the agreement.
  3. Sign the document.
  4. Deliver to the OVMSA at Forster House(on the east side of campus), along with any supporting information.
  5. If it is your first semester receiving benefits, make sure to bring in your Certificate of Eligibility.

Please note that in order for a student to use their benefits while attending UCCS, the student must be a regularly matriculated student and all classes taken must be required for the educational objective selected.