Center for the Study of Government and the Individual
CSGI offers the foundations for understanding and analyzing diverse perspectives of the appropriate role of government, its limitations and restrictions.
The purpose of the Center for the Study of Government and the Individual is to provide a vehicle for the candid, open, diverse and multi-faceted exploration of all the issues pertaining to the relationship of government and individual citizens. The purpose is not to promote particular ideologies, but to critically analyze all positions on the role of government in American society.
- Public Forums - designed to bring the academic and public community together
- Seminars- by specialists in the subject areas
- Publications - books, papers and proceedings of public forums
- Research - funded to provide in-depth analysis of the Center's areas of interest
- Faculty Fellows - participate in the Center Roundtable, act as editors for publications, serve as mentors to students and take on special roles in program development
- Funded development courses - focused on the role government in American society
- Student Fellows - will receive scholarships; in fields relevant to the topic of the Center; will work with faculty mentors and participate in Center activities
- Student Interns - will work with faculty mentors on projects in the community directly related to the Center
ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Click to see the list of current advisory committee members.