College of Education

Q: Is financial aid available for Online Programs?

A: There is some financial aid available for some online programs as well as alternative school loans. Please visit the Registration / Financial Aid page for details.

Q: I am an interested in offering a course. What is the procedure?

A: If you are interested in offering a course for credit, please peruse the Teaching Opportunities link above, and then contact our office to talk about what option would be best for you.

Q: If I register for a class, will I receive confirmation that my registration has been received?

A: Once you have registered online you can check your schedule through the Student Portal to confirm your enrollment.

Note: We do not send confirmations when we receive registrations for off-campus programs.

Q: Identity Theft is a growing concern; how does the University of Colorado Online/Distance Education department deal with these issues?

A: The online registration process provides a secure way for students to register and pay for courses through the Student Portal. The online course registration system was implemented to secure identity information for our students.

Q: Are the courses offered by Online/Distance Education accredited?

A: Yes. The College of Education programs are fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education and we are approved by the Colorado Department of Education and the Colorado Commission of Higher Education.

Q: How will I receive the grade for my class & how do I order a transcript?

A: Transcripts may be ordered through the Student Portal.

Q: How do I receive a Student ID number?

A: You will receive your Student ID number when you fill out the UCCS Graduate School Application. You can do this online following the link at Admissions & Records's main page listed below.

Q: If I am a degree seeking student on campus at UCCS, can I use my username and password to register for Online/Distance Education courses?

A: Yes, but only if you are a current graduate student with the College of Education.

Q: I have my Student ID number. How do I claim my account?

A: If you have not claimed your UCCS NT Account you must visit the site listed below to do so. When there you will enter your username and be prompted to set up a password and specify answers to various security questions.

Q: I need to register for an Online/Distance Education course, but cannot find the course information.

A: You may find all course information online at UCCS's Course Search site for guests. You may also find a link to this page from the UCCS Student Portal.