Marketing Material Planning Checklist
When deciding on the type of communication, be sure to ask:
- What is the goal of the piece?
- What is the budget?
- Who is the audience?
- What is the best way - given the budget and the goal - to reach the audience? (brochure, email campaign, phone call, poster, etc.)
After deciding on the type of communication, key questions to ask are:
- What is the best style of communication for the target audience? (conversational, academic, business, etc.)
- What are the key messages? (The most important info that needs to be highlighted - and sometimes repeated.)
- Ask the WIIFM question: What's in it for me? (Me, in this case, is the audience.)
- How can information be simplified and categorized/bucketed into simple and swallowable chunks? (This helps readability.)
- What action do you want the audience to take? (i.e. call a number, inquire for more info, visit a web site, etc.)