Summer 2015 Final Grade Submission Deadline is August 11

** Please ensure that all grade rosters have been "Posted" by 11pm on Tuesday, August 11. **

Online Grading Tutorial

University policy requires that faculty enter their course grades into the online grading system no later than 90 hours after their final exam has ended.

Beginning August 11 through August 12, grade rosters left in "Approve" status will be administratively "Posted" by the Office of the Registrar.

Starting August 12, instructors will not be able to be update grade rosters through the MyUCCS Portal.  All outstanding grade rosters will need to be completed manually, signed, and submitted to the Office of the Registrar (Main Hall 108).

 Accessing Online Grading via the MyUCCS Portal:

  • Login to MyUCCS Portal
  • Click on the Faculty tab
  • Click on Faculty Center/My Schedule (do NOT click on the grade roster tab)
  • Validate the Term, click on "change term" if summer 2015 term is not populated
  • Click on the grade roster icon to the left of the course to be graded

Entering, Approving and Posting Grades:

  • Grades can be entered manually (drop-down grading or bubble grading), or uploaded (using a .csv file).   Tip: Save often when manually entering grades.
  • Once all grades are entered, update the grade roster action to "Approved" and click Save.
  • If ready, click on the POST button to post grades to students' records.



What if a student is not on the grade roster?

If a student attended the class but his or her name does not appear on the grade roster, it is the student's responsibility to contact the Office of the Registrar at 719-255-3361 to resolve the issue.  The instructor may also inform the student of the need to contact the Office of the Registrar or, if contact is not possible, identify the student to the Office of the Registrar.  The instructor will not be able to assign a course grade until the issue is resolved.  After the Office of the Registrar has informed the instructor that the matter has been resolved, the instructor assigns a final grade by completing a Change of Record form.

Do final grades in Blackboard automatically upload to my grade roster?

Final grades in Blackboard do not automatically upload into the grade roster. Grades must be manually entered into the grade roster or uploaded using a .csv file.

How do I assign a grade of "F"?

If you assign a grade of "F", you will be required to enter an "F Grade Attendance Record" for the student (Attended Until Term Completed, Never Attended, or Attended Until...).

  • "Attended Until Term Completed" is the same thing as an earned "F".
  • "Never Attended" is assigned when there is no record of attendance or you do not know when the student stopped attending.
  • "Attended Until..." is assigned if the student attended until a certain point in time. If this option is selected, you will be required to provide the date of the last academically related activity (such as attending class, completing a quiz, tutorial, paper, or project).

Grade rosters can be saved but not "Approved" or "Posted" until the aforementioned fields have been populated. Once you have posted your grade roster, any changes to the "F Grade Attendance Record" or "Date of Last Academic Activity or Attendance" can only be performed by the Office of the Registrar.


Can I assign an incomplete grade?

The instructor is responsible for determining the course completion requirements and grading standards.

  • Grades of "IP" are assigned for graduate thesis, project or dissertation classes only.
  • Grades of "I" should only be assigned under extenuating circumstances. Refer to your college's and/or department's policies prior to assigning an "I".

Grades of "I" automatically convert into an "F" after one year if a change of grade is not processed. Grade completions are reported using a Change of Record Form, available through your dean's office.  The deadline for completion of incomplete grades assigned last summer (summer 2014) is August 7, 2015.


What is a "W" grade?

A grade of "W" (Withdrawn) is administratively assigned by the Office of the Registrar when a student drops a class after the official census date for the class.  The "W" grade will appear on the grade roster and the student's academic record. This is a requirement placed upon the University by the state auditing function. A "W" grade does not affect the GPA.

How do students check their grades?

Students can check their grades through the MyUCCS Portal or the UCCS2Go mobile application. Grade reports are not mailed to students. Under the provisions of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), student grades are NOT to be displayed in public places or online.

Can I change a grade once the grade roster has been posted?

Once the grade roster has been posted, it cannot be un-posted for instructors to update or correct student grades. Grade changes must be processed using a Change of Record form available through your dean's office.

Other Questions?

Please contact the Office of the Registrar at or 719-255-3361.