Skip to Page Content


Title Page Access to Facilities 24 Campus Emergency Preparedness 25 Campus and Community Resources 31 Campus Closure Information 27 Crime Prevention Programs 11 Crime Statistics 17 Domestic Violence 10 Drug Free Workplace 18 Fire Safety Report 28 Housing Village Information 23 Law Enforcement Authority 7 Maintenance of Facilities 24 Reporting Crimes and Emergencies 5 Maintenance/Security of Facilities 24 Sexual Assault Reporting Procedures 8 Sexual Harassment Policy 9 Sex Offender Information 10 Stalking 11 Student Conduct 22 Victim Assistance 7 University Counseling Center 7 Weapons Policy 20

Upon initial check- in at the on-campus housing facility, students will be given the option to identify a contact person (in addition to registering an emergency contact) who the Office of Residence Life and Housing shall notify if the student is determined missing by the UCCS Police or other law enforcement agency. This additional contact information will be:

If after investigating the missing person report the UCCS Police determines the student is missing and has been missing for more than 24 hours, the UCCS Police will then notify surrounding law enforcement agencies and will have the Office of Residence Life and Housing call the student's contact person no later than 24 hours after the student is determined to be missing.

If the missing student is under the age of 18 and is not an emancipated individual, the Office of Residence Life and Housing will notify the designated contact person and the parent or legal guardian no later than 24 hours after the student is determined to be missing.


Campus Buildings
As a member of the campus community you, as well as University guests and visitors, have access to most campus buildings and facilities during regular hours, Monday through Friday, and for scheduled events, Saturdays and Sundays, excluding most holidays. The UCCS Police patrol academic and administrative buildings, grounds and parking lots on a regular basis and are responsible for locking and unlocking designated University buildings. If you need assistance in gaining authorized entry to a University building or room, and no other assistance is available, you can call the Department of Public Safety at 255-3111 for help. Many times buildings, rooms, and offices will be opened only with a pre-approved entry request. See for the entry form. To view the campus map go to

UCCS Library, New science and Engineering and lawn

Exterior campus lighting is essential to creating a safe campus environment. Motor vehicle parking lots, main pedestrian walkways and bike paths, and most campus building exteriors are lighted either all night long or several hours past the end of the last class. Several times yearly, the exterior lighting receives a comprehensive inspection to identify any unreported lighting failures. You are encouraged to report any exterior lighting problems by either submitting a work order to Physical Plant Operations via website http://arc/uccs/menupage.cfm , by calling Physical Plant at 255-3313, or by calling the Department of Public Safety at 255-3111.

The current report is available in print upon request

The 2010 report is located at
The latest report is available at
Previous reports are available at