Applications are due September 30th 2016.
The student and faculty member can apply for funding from the Undergraduate Research Academy during each call for proposals to support their research project. For this call, the maximum total award available is $2500. Awards cover budget requests for student pay, project related supplies, travel, or a faculty honorarium. Students will be paid $9/hr. The majority of the budget must go directly to the student, therefore a maximum of $1000 can be used for expenses other than student pay. Additionally, if a portion of that $1000 will be used for a faculty honorarium, it is limited to $500.
1. Application form - to be prepared by the student
2. Personal statement - to be prepared by the student
3. Research proposal - to be prepared by the faculty mentor
- Project Description: describe the proposed research so an intelligent layperson could understand.
- Role of research assistant & mentorship plan
- Budget & budget justification - indicate matching funds, if any, here
4. Letter of recommendation prepared by someone other than the faculty mentor. Letter should be sent directly to Dr. Killian from the letter writer.
5. Unofficial transcript