In order to advertise on the free Auxiliary Services digital signage system, ads must fit into one of the following categories:
1. Ads for approved campus student club/organization events and activities
2. Ads for campus departmental services/offerings
3. Ads for external organizations with an official business partnership/relationship with UCCS
The promotion of non-university entities or organizations is not allowed. To comply with University policy, all programs, services and events advertised on the University Center digital signage must be open to anyone in the campus community and may not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, political affiliation, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility to advertise does not guarantee placement on any of the digital signs.
Digital signage is currently available only in the University Center. As this program expands and digital signs are added to other auxiliary areas, these guidelines will apply.
UCCS Student Clubs & Organizations
Advertised events must be hosted by a UCCS registered/recognized club or organization. Events must be registered and approved through the ROAR Office and be open to all students. The purpose of the digital signage is not to advertise member only events.
Campus Wide Events or Departmental Services
Ads must be for an event or service that appeals to/affects a large percentage of students, faculty and/or staff.
In the University Center, there are a total of three locations for digital signage. Signs are located on the first floor (along the hallway between the Bookstore and the south entrance) and also on the second floor (near Jazzman’s Café and Berger Hall).
How to Create and Submit an Ad
· Photoshop or a similar design program can be used to create content. Images must be formatted as jpg, jpeg, png, or gif files.
· Content created in PowerPoint is not compatible with the new system unless saved in one of the formats above. Please ensure the ad is formatted correctly.
· The ad image must be created in a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
· Videos can be submitted as mpg, mpeg, mp4, or swf files.
· Please keep in mind that there will be no volume, videos with captions are acceptable.
Please submit the ad in an approved file format along with the requested dates for airing of the ad. Ads can run for a maximum of one semester on a space-available basis. Eligibility to advertise and submission of an advertisement does not guarantee placement on any of the digital signs.
· Files must be submitted at least two business days prior to the requested first date of ad posting.
· Late submissions will be accepted; however, we cannot guarantee the content will post immediately.
· Email content for posting or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Ads will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. The Auxiliary Services Marketing department reserves the right to edit submitted ads. All decisions on editing and ad placement are final.
For on-campus advertising- See Auxiliary and Enterprise Services On-campus Advertising Guidelines.