M.A. of Clinical Psychology Candidate
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
• Specialization in Trauma
• Expected Graduation Date: May 2011
B.S. Degree in Rehabilitation Services/Human Services
Penn State University, University Park, PA
Research Assistant, Program Evaluation
- Conducting research regarding evaluation of the Veteran Jail Diversion Program, which is a program that aims to help veterans with trauma spectrum disorders following commitment of felony offenses
Public Speaker, Making it Count, Monster Incorporated
- Trained and certified as a professional public speaker
- Contracted to speaking engagements in high schools to groups of juniors and seniors. Group sizes ranged from thirty to four hundred students and faculty.
Family Coordination Intern, Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte, NC.
- Played a key role in the development a newly formed social service agency specializing in low-income home repair known as Charlotte Critical Home Repair Program.
- Worked directly for the program director. Responsibilities included grant writing, public speaking, dedication planning, contract negotiation, home inspection, and presentation of families to the family selection committee.
Veterans Counselor, Veterans Affairs Office at Penn State University
- Counseled veteran seeking assistance with the college application process.
- Applied skills associated with counseling, encouragement, support, decision making, crisis intervention, and problem solving.
United States Army, Active Duty
Learned many things through being a soldier that pertain to leadership, such as teamwork, teambuilding, and the importance of modeling a hard work philosophy.
• Taught English as a Second Language for the Mid-State Literacy Council
• Head coach of the Penn State Women’s Club basketball team
• Worked as a volunteer in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina Worked in Haiti on a medical mission trip
Andrew is always up for hiking, running, biking, camping, snowboarding, basketball, racquetball, a cup of coffee, and/or a heated debate. He is also a music listening/playing devotee, although the demands of graduate school tend to challenge this from time to time. Current favorite bands include Death Cab, Okkervil River, Sufjan Stevens, Derek Webb, Bela Fleck, and The Low Anthem. All time favorites that rotate in and out of my daily listening will always include Wilco, Ryan Adams, Neil Young, Tom Waits, The Dead, Phish, The Beatles, Bob Seger, Miles Davis, and of course… Bob Dylan.