Enterprise Services such as the Bookstore, Family Development Center, Copy Center, Heller Center, and more are trying to make an impact on campus. Each service has implemented business practices that fit their department to better service clients, budgets, and our environment. All of these services on campus yield great information and tips that can be used in your own home or business!
Auxiliary and Enterprise Services committed to the ongoing development of sustainable business practices are:
• the Family Development Center by starting a children's organic garden. Children choose, plant and eat the foods from the garden.
• Sodexo Dining Services now have a new Hydration Station in Cafe '65 to fill your water bottle.
• the Recreation Center plays a role in the implementation of Bike to Work Day that encourages faculty, staff and students to utilize bicycles as an alternative transportation to campus.
• Public Safety has implemented a UCarshare rental car program so that students can consider leaving their cars at home.
• the UCCS Bookstore has "green" graduation regalia available for purchase. It is made from recycled materials and graduates are encouraged to recycle it after use.
• the Copy Center uses paper with recycled content with the exception of white paper which is produced largely by wind power.
• Residental Life and Housing encourages residents to participate in RecycleMania, Recycle Week and Mini Mt. Trashmore. The new housing halls are built to LEED Gold certification.
• the University Center - Home of the Gallogly Events Center is a LEED Gold building and assisted in the development and implementation of the Clyde's Carryout Container program.
• the Galleries of Contemporary Art has recently integrated new lighting fixtures and by going paperless saving hundreds of pounds of paper.
• Conference Services materials are customized and updated frequently which minimizes paper waste due to outdated materials.
Learn more about each of these enterprise services at UCCS and how they are contributing to sustainability by checking out their website here.